IGNORED

2600 MINT CIB

sirpsycho

Hi there everyone, new member here and I'm advertising one of my best finds recently as I work to move it into the hands of a proper Atari collector.

You can all fight over it here.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1506203595151?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150620359515&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The game system does not seem to be the original for that box , its a woodgrain and the box is for the Black (Darth Vader) version

• Like 2

Hi there everyone, new member here and I'm advertising one of my best finds recently as I work to move it into the hands of a proper Atari collector.

You can all fight over it here.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1506203595151?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150620359515&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The game system does not seem to be the original for that box , its a woodgrain and the box is for the Black (Darth Vader) version

This is something I've noticed as well. Nevertheless you cannot really argue that both the system and the box just look beautiful. My listing on there lists both the Darth Vader model when it comes to product info, then in my own info I list the CX2600-A model name as the system itself. So if one were to possess a Darth Vader model already, they would have a mint box, and conversely if one were to have the CX2600-A box, they would have the perfect system to put inside of it. Its a win win. :)

How is this confusing?

Console does not match the box...at all! Serial numbers, model number, etc...Not a mint system in box. Not complete in the box. Kind of like saying I have a mint Swordquest Waterworld game CIB and having the waterworld cart with an asteroids box! Not quite that drastic, but I think you can get my drift... icon_mrgreen.gif

• Like 2

There are two pictures. One shows the closed box, other one open box, letting one look at the system and everything it has.

And the text below says exactly what the console is. How is this confusing?

Only PARTof the text matches exactly the console. Does the description copied from the auction page below match or even come close to matching what the buyer will receive? If not, it is misleading anyhow you want to look at it; picture does not match description of item. Possibly risking a negative feedback from a buyer that did not notice the picture or see the difference.

From the auction description.

Detailed item info

Product Description

If you are looking for a wide selection of classic games, the Atari 2600 fits the description well. This 2600 black is highly durable and is an ideal system for collectors. Games in this Atari console are easy to find and easy to play. This Atari console has an easy-to-access cartridge slot. There is a good selection of third party controllers in this 2600 black which has the ability to support third party controllers. For removable games, this Atari console has perfectly designed cartridges that are compact. In addition to joysticks, the Atari 2600 also has paddle controllers and allows four players to participate at the same time.

Product Identifiers

Brand Atari

Model "2600 ""Darth Vader"" Black"

Platform Atari 2600

UPC 032700913564, 071691242956

General

Type Console

Color Black

Then we have the text you added to the auction. None of the text added states it is a wood grain system and not a Black Darth Vader. Also LIKE NEW and MINT indicate a working system. Auction states untested. So how do you know it is LIKE NEW and MINT?

This is a like new Atari 2600 CX2600-A model.

It is complete in the box and comes with one joystick controller, all the cables one needs for an older TV, the original RCA connector, and the barely used system itself.

I lack a proper TV for this wonderful artifact so it remains untested, but the condition of the box and system itself looks incredible, a perfect mark for the Atari collector!

Edited by kheffington
  • Like 1

Also, it seems incorrect to list it as "New Other" when it's a used, UNTESTED item. I'd suggest "used" but then list the appropriate condition, of course maintaining that it is unknown whether or not it works. In order to get bites on an $80 starting bid, I'd suggest getting a RCA-to-Coax adapter and finding out if it works, at all. What sort of TV is improper for this unit? Any TV that has a threaded coax antenna jack (whose doesn't?) should be the proper type. Or maybe $20 starting bid as-is.

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 1

videocomputersystem.png

atarivcs.png

atari2600.png

Now do you wonder why I listed it as a Darth Vader and not as the Woodgrain CX 2600-A that it actually is? I hate to be the one that had to tell you, but Ebay kind of gives sellers incomplete tools from time to time, most of the auctions for the VCS or 2600, whatever makes you feel sexy, do not even list it under any category or item, which limits their shipping options. So if one of the readers on here is the bidder, you can't really give negative feedback anyway as the product is as shown, and as described, and will be shipped professionally and carefully.

Now do you wonder why I listed it as a Darth Vader and not as the Woodgrain CX 2600-A that it actually is? I hate to be the one that had to tell you, but Ebay kind of gives sellers incomplete tools from time to time, most of the auctions for the VCS or 2600, whatever makes you feel sexy, do not even list it under any category or item, which limits their shipping options. So if one of the readers on here is the bidder, you can't really give negative feedback anyway as the product is as shown, and as described, and will be shipped professionally and carefully.

How does any of that matter? You can put in your own description, you don't have to use eBay canned stuff.

Next a buyer can definitely give you negative feedback if they feel the item was not as described. They can also file a request for PayPal refund and you will lose that.

Don't look for excuses to cover a description that doesn't match; list it correctly. You can't blame this on eBay as you selected the listing of a DARTH VADER and you are not selling a DARTH VADER. Did eBay change the listing? No? then not eBay's fault but yours.

You can charge correct shipping on any item by using the eBay shipping calculator based on weight. Hell, you can even pad that with handling charges. So that is not a reason to mis-list an item. Anyway you will pay final value fees on the shipping. So you could also just have started it high enough to cover shipping. And anyway bidders always add shipping and bid amount together to decide if they want to bid or not.

It is not what is listed. No amount of dancing around the issue will change that FACT. Based on your dancing and dodging, there is no way personally that I would even consider dealing with you. Too risky.

At least you did remove most of the Darth Vader description from the item description.

Edited by kheffington
  • Like 1

You signed up here to post this, and only have 1 feedback on your ebay, and it isn't even as a seller!

This DOES NOT have

1) Second joystick

2) Paddle controllers

3) Game that came with system

4) Box inserts

How can you possibly list this as CIB? It is merely a 4 switch in good shape, that comes with a box that isn't even its own box.

Then you say "mint" but have admittedly not tested it!

And for $100 after shipping!

GTFO my site

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...