IGNORED

Crack'd - No light gun?

SlowCoder

I thought I'd seen a thread about this somewhere, but I didn't have a 7800 then, and now I do. Can't locate the thread.

This game would be so much better with a light gun! I mean, it seems virtually impossible to play it with the controllers. The reticle is too slow, and the snakes and birds are too many to get. Yeah, I lost this game ... fast. :(

Did I hear someone was working on a light gun mod?

As far as light gun games, I'm really enjoying Meltdown.

IIRC someone was asking about it but then others were saying how it couldn't be done without remaking the game from the ground up. I don't know enough about programming to tell you. What I can say is, that if some homebrewers wanted to make gun games for 7800, they would be popular. Remake of Crack'd or others.

Ax

Well, that's not what I was hoping for. As it is, it'll probably get me too frustrated, too fast.

IIRC someone was asking about it but then others were saying how it couldn't be done without remaking the game from the ground up. I don't know enough about programming to tell you. What I can say is, that if some homebrewers wanted to make gun games for 7800, they would be popular. Remake of Crack'd or others.

Ax

Yeah you can't just slap in Light gun support, you'd have to recode a large chunk of the game. That's not to say that it's impossible, but it would take a heck of a lot of work to do.

Tempest

Ax

Yeah you can't just slap in Light gun support, you'd have to recode a large chunk of the game. That's not to say that it's impossible, but it would take a heck of a lot of work to do.

Tempest

I'd thought there was already a conversion project for it. But that's probably just me daydreaming.

I've done a bit of programming in my years, so yeah, I'm aware of what's involved in modifying programs with new abilities in limited memory space. Definitely makes it a challenge.