IGNORED

To Open Or Not to Open?

stringfellow

Open or not?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Open one, both, neither

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I recently won this auction

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508269545711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250826954571&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and now I can't decide whether or not to open these. These are both games I didn't have in my collection and have never played. On the one hand I have got two games that I have never played and would like to. On the other hand I have two mint sealed games and you don't see many of those. AHH what do I do?

FYI a sealed Gremlins just sold on Ebay for $75. There are people that collect sealed. Trade this game to one of them for an opened copy plus something else. Or sell the game and buy an opened copy plus a couple of other games. There are thousands of opened copies out there, don't kill a sealed copy.

• 1 month later...

AHHH I am still so unsure. If I could get a complete open copy I would sell the sealed one and make a profit but I don't see even open copies very often.

I'm with the "open both" crowd. It isn't as if the value of the sealed ones is $1000 or anything; play them, keep them in minty shape to appreciate them.

Unless you really want to sell them for $100 or something, for a net profit of roughly $50 for all your efforts, and then you have to hunt down nice condition copies of each if you want them...etc.

Open. Play. Enjoy. Don't look back!

• Like 1

I see no real point in sealed copies. People might faint and scream over someone popping the seal and *gasp* playing the game, but. . .

What good is a sealed copy? It's a box on a shelf, that you can never DO anything with. Yep, there's a game in there. Nope, you can't really do anything at all with it. Ever. Except look at it. Isn't the core of this hobby the love of Atari games, not the love of Atari boxes?