IGNORED

My entire N64 collection

SEgamer

Yep, one of those days where I woke up and decided to finally start down-sizing my collection. It's taking up too much space, and it's not as enjoyable as it used to be collecting this stuff. I also feel that spending time collecting games more than actually playing them is also something that needs to change.

The first step is to sell my N64 collection, which takes up more space than anything else. You can see all of the info and pics here on ebay:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508452557961?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250845255796&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Of course, the initial price is a good bit more than what I want for it. I'm looking for around $2100 shipped, and I'll probably get around $7 per game at that price. I would like to see it finished, but I'm a cheap bastard and probably won't find myself paying $120+ on Stunt Racer or Super Bowling to finish it.

Even if no one on here has the money or wants it, please spread the word to anyone you know that may be interested.

• Like 1

I also feel that spending time collecting games more than actually playing them is also something that needs to change.

This is why I buy games that I actually want to play.

I see a lot of people here that complete the collection and then want to sell it, because it's no fun any more, no thrill of hunting down a rare game.

This is why, sometimes, you need to rip out that plastic out of the sealed game and PLAY it :lust: .

Good luck on your sale.

• Like 3

I also feel that spending time collecting games more than actually playing them is also something that needs to change.

This is why I buy games that I actually want to play.

I see a lot of people here that complete the collection and then want to sell it, because it's no fun any more, no thrill of hunting down a rare game.

This is why, sometimes, you need to rip out that plastic out of the sealed game and PLAY it :lust: .

Good luck on your sale.

Thanks! After collecting baseball cards as a kid and a few other things you'd think I'd learn by now.

The rest of my collection is pretty tame fortunately. I only have games I wanted for the systems. For some reason though, I started collecting N64 games until it got to this point. I think it's because the N64 was the one I grew up with the most. Luckily I got most of the stuff before N64 items got priced to where they are now, so I do have a few people interested in it locally that are giving me offers to consider.

Edit: forgot to mention that I too, don't see the point in sealed games. No point in buying a game I can't play! Though I am a hypocrite since most of these games I haven't even played yet :lol:

Edited by SEgamer

I agree with those who don't see the point in collecting games they're never going to play. I do understand it some, though. I used to try to collect "Complete in Box" for some of the systems, years ago. I had the beginnings of an impressive (well, maybe to some) boxed SNES/Genesis/Saturn collection, taking up an incredible amount of space.

When I was moving (long, long distance) I ended it. I sold a ton of games I never played, and what was left (not rare, but my favorites that I actually played) I threw the boxes away and put everything into Rubbermaid tubs. The disc systems (PS, Sat, Xbox, Cube) I put the games and manuals into disk binders (disk on top, tall manual on bottom) and I prefer it that way. Talk about a fraction of the space. I kept all the manuals and the case inserts. I suppose if I ever move to an absolutely HUGE place, I can buy generic DVD cases (full-size) and put the stuff into them with the manuals and graphic inserts. I just didn't have the room in my trailer for the cases, as everything had to go down the Al-Can highway! Felt pretty bad tossing all that stuff, though.

Having said all of that, I must declare that's the most impressive N64 collection I've ever seen. Let us know what it goes for!