Cancelled auctions ??

CPUWIZ

They are getting really picky with listing descriptions. :x :x :x

1948753790 Atari 2600 - Big Bird's - Best Prototype  

1948754206 Atari 2600 - Cookie Monster - Best prototype

1948755324 Atari 2600 - Alpha Beam - Best Prototype

1948758012 Atari 2600 - Quadrun - Lab Loaner - Prototype

1948758656 Atari 2600 - Taz - Best Electronics Prototype

with us. Unfortunately your listing appeared to either offer material that violates someone's copyright, trademark or other rights, or can potentially be used to violate someone's copyright, trademark or other rights. Your listing could violate state or federal law, and leaving it up could expose you and your bidders to legal liability.   Therefore, in the interest of protecting all eBay users, we remove such listings to avoid any association with potentially infringing or unlawful items.  All bidders have been notified, and any associated fees have been credited to your account.

Why did they cancel my auctions ? Is the word "Prototype" no longer allowed ?

Hmm, I just checked the rest of my auctions and they left 2 of the "questionable" ones, so I guess they have initiated some sort of bot to search the listings for the word "prototype".

* cheap plug *

My eBay Auction

They left one that is listed as "Best Proto" but cancelled the rest. :twisted:

Ebay says NO-NO to PROTO's!!!

I just had the same thing happen to me on my Atarisoft Commodore Prototype Auctions too. I exchanged emailed with Ebay and they said that they cannot allow auctions of Prototypes as they are "BETAs" and the companies who distributed them out did not authorize their resale.

I explained that much of what I have came out of sales directly from the source companies and were sold to me, not distributed for evaluation and Ebay says since there is no way to verify they will not allow the auctions anymore, so I have a new idea, how about Alex and Albert create AA-Bay, and allow prototypes to be auctioned off in a new site, not a bad idea.

Well in anycase, I have 5 Atarisoft prototypes, 2 for the C64 and 3 for the Vic 20, 3 of them are serial #1's if anyone is interested, contact me privately.

Curt

WHAT!! That not making sense why Ebay removed some of serveal your auctions, I did visited your auction yesterday and there is nothing worng with your auctions....

In my opitions that maybe someone infrom to Ebay about your auctions seem not allowed?? I think unfair!! Your auctions is nothing worng!

Jason

AA-Bay sounds like a great idea ! It could generate revenue, increase site activity,... still it is a big project !

Ebay says NO-NO to PROTO's!!!

I just had the same thing happen to me on my Atarisoft Commodore Prototype Auctions too. I exchanged emailed with Ebay and they said that they cannot allow auctions of Prototypes as they are "BETAs" and the companies who distributed them out did not authorize their resale.

I explained that much of what I have came out of sales directly from the source companies and were sold to me, not distributed for evaluation and Ebay says since there is no way to verify they will not allow the auctions anymore, so I have a new idea, how about Alex and Albert create AA-Bay, and allow prototypes to be auctioned off in a new site, not a bad idea.

Well in anycase, I have 5 Atarisoft prototypes, 2 for the C64 and 3 for the Vic 20, 3 of them are serial #1's if anyone is interested, contact me privately.

Curt

I did a search on (proto,prototype) and there isn't a single item on ebay in the games section.

I thought about this and I think the way to sneak it in (if they persist) would be to use the word DEMO.

Prototypes are demos if you think about it. Once collectors started to see some "Atari demos" pop up on eBay then they would start searching for them.

Adam

Prototypes are demos if you think about it. Once collectors started to see some "Atari demos" pop up on eBay then they would start searching for them.

Sadly, I think they will eventually catch onto any phrase that comes to represent "prototype auction" and add that to their bot algorithms. I'm guessing their bots are pretty sophisticated by now and that it's easy for eBay to modify them as necessary.

..Al