IGNORED

I'm gonna give 7800 one more try

zylon

Got a few more coming: PP2, Ms Pacman, Dig Dug, Food Fight, Asteroids, Choplifter, Centipede. All at low $. :)

I've played Desert Falcon for A8 and 2600. I think it sucks.

All of these are good except Choplifter. It's not terrible, but it doesn't hold a candle to the SMS/Arcade version.

Got a few more coming: PP2, Ms Pacman, Dig Dug, Food Fight, Asteroids, Choplifter, Centipede. All at low $. :)

I've played Desert Falcon for A8 and 2600. I think it sucks.

All of these are good except Choplifter. It's not terrible, but it doesn't hold a candle to the SMS/Arcade version.

I have the SMS, A8, C64, & vic-20 choplifters. SMS is my favorite by far. :) Price was right on 7800 one so I'll give it a shot.

My other batch of games is in and I've given them a quick run.

Food Fight: not much different from A8, except that either A8 is too hard or 7800 is too easy :?

Choplifter: looks good, but sucks :(

One On One: surprisingly good. :) (for what I expected)

Ms Pacman: Nice. :D

Centipede: 2nd best version I've played, and best version I've played on Atari-made system. :D

PP2: Good, but A8/5200 better. :)

Asteroids: Ok :|

The store is offline. :| What should I look into HB/hack wise? I had a tough time finding 10 I might want from the original catalogue. I just ordered Xevious and Robotron today. :) I love the 5200/A8 versions. How do these compare in play?

I hear Failsafe is one of the best offerings...still waiting for the store to come back online so I can pick one up!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I might be the only personal alive who really likes 7800 Desert Falcon,

Well..I think its cool as well, the awesome music and the boss fight with the sphinx at the end of each level sounds like a unbalanced washing machine with a slipping belt I always thought. I played it on the 2600, 20 or so years ago and got it two years ago for the 7800 which I thought the graphics were really cool and played it untill it somehow found it broken. But I can still plug the board into the machine to get my game on..

• Like 1

What about Commando? One of two games with a built-in POKEY chip and it looks stellar! Of course, obtaining a used copy can run $50-75 bucks.

I played the snot out of Commando on my NES when I was a kid. Loved it because they added in all the Easter eggs like the yashikis and underground bunkers. But it doesn't appear that the 7800 version has that cool stuff.

Also watched some YouTube vids of Ninja Golf, and that one looks awesomely fun and hilarious. :D

What about Commando? One of two games with a built-in POKEY chip and it looks stellar! Of course, obtaining a used copy can run $50-75 bucks.

I played the snot out of Commando on my NES when I was a kid. Loved it because they added in all the Easter eggs like the yashikis and underground bunkers. But it doesn't appear that the 7800 version has that cool stuff.

Also watched some YouTube vids of Ninja Golf, and that one looks awesomely fun and hilarious. :D

bananas.

This game can be had for $20 or less if you're patient enough.

So far I've found a few gems in original library, but only a few. It's almost like no effort was really spent on development for 7800 back then. That would explain why almost nothing for them comes in to the shops here. The HB scene does show some promise though, so I'll stick with it a while.

Just got in the last ones I was willing to risk a couple $ on. Mario Bros, Joust, Dig Dug, Jinks, Galaga, Desert Falcon.

Mario is Ok :|

Joust is little better than ok :|

Dig Dug is just not good :(

Jinks sucks :x

Desert Falcon sucks :x (wasn't really surprised)

Galaga is pathetic, but playable. :|

Guess I didn't miss much back in 92 on these. Found a couple gems, Centipede, Ms Pacman, Robotron. That takes quite a bit since I'm not a Centipede fan at all. There's a few others that are good enough to "get-by". If/when this deck dies, it will not be replaced. This experiment is over.

. Everyone touts Midnight Mutants and Scrapyard Dog but those while pretty to look at are too hard to be any fun.

Midnight Mutants is really hard? Didnt find that.

Well, tbh, I bored of it quickly and I attributed that to not making much progress. Maybe it's not hard and I just don't find it appealing.

Yeah, that's my conclusion, i've giving up on MM since i can't get passed the 1st Boss, the Skull in the Crypt.I've had helpful hints from you guys here on how to beat the B!@#tard, and i STILL can't defeat him! :roll:

bananas.

This game can be had for $20 or less if you're patient enough.

Ninja Golf is cool and fun, but after a couple games i got bored, it gets repetitive real quick.

Dig Dug is just not good? Explain.

I actually figure that one might've been a good one. I does look good, but it's missing "something". It doesn't run smoothly and sound effects are't even synchronised well. This Dig Dug has the slowest draw in the west.

It wasn't bad enough for outright insults, but just "not good".

Edited by zylon