IGNORED

I'm gonna give 7800 one more try

zylon

I had no trouble at all with pumping the enemies in 7800 Dig Dug. Just hold the stick towards 'em and mash the pump button.

Wait a minute. :? So I've gotta keep hitting the button instead of holding it till the buggers are dead?

I've known this for over 20 years. It's the best way to the pookas and fygars in any version of Dig Dug. This being a super secret technique to you is just odd. I bet that will change the way you play Dig Dug forever.

Edited by Bakasama
  • Like 1

I've known this for over 20 years. It's the best way to the pookas and fygars in any version of Dig Dug. This being a super secret technique to you is just odd. I bet that will change the way you play Dig Dug forever.

Never had a copy of a manual and it always seemed pretty straight-forward. This dinosaur was retired by the time I got to arcades. Galaga was the oldest left.

Just played a few games of Dig Dug tonight. Zylon, you mentioned the audio being out of sync or something.... are you playing these games on an LCD TV? Might explain it. Audio is perfectly fine on my CRT setup. Game plays extremely well in fact. Close to arcade perfect I'd say. Regarding the pump action.... there's times you don't want to mash the button. If a couple/few are bunched together and there's more on the way, sometimes it's best to stun one... get 'em part way pumped up, then anihilate another before he has a chance to get you.

After applying my newfound knowledge, I'll revise my opinion of 7800 Dig Dug from "just not good" to "Ok". I've yet to apply the same to the other ports I'm familiar with, but will in time.

I'm using a CRT tv with standard RF connection, but sound is still "out-of-synch". Perhaps my deck or cart has an issue. The other games seem right on time.