IGNORED

A nice cheap controller. ($2.99 w/ free shipping)

explosiveegg

Link to Ebay Seller

At the above link, I just purchased a very cheap 9 pin controller. My hopes is that I will be able to use it on my 2600 or colecovision, but that is all dependent on how it is wired. If not, I dont think it would be that hard to re-wire. I contacted the seller to ask if they knew if it works on the genesis, colecovision, 2600, or 7800... but that was just recently, so no response yet.

The controller does look cheap, but I doubt it would break very easily. My two fears are that the buttons may be unconfortable and that it might not have standard screws (making it hard to re-wire). Which I think it would be fun to try and rewire it to what I want... so im kind of hoping it doesnt work at first =).

Either way, for the price, i figured if it goes back into the drawer, all im missing out on is two rodeo cheeseburgers from burger king :D .

I thought id bring this item to this forum in case anyone was interested, after all these forums have helped me with lots of this. I personally have been trying to score a 7800 gamepad for cheap, with no results...

My two fears are that the buttons may be unconfortable and that it might not have standard screws (making it hard to re-wire).

My only fear would be that this is coming from a seller in China. I would have sent a message prior to purchase...just to see if I got any response. At least it would let me know that someone is actually there. Also, the seller has some negative feedback in their history...106 of em in the past year and another 53 neutrals. For your sake, I hope it arrives and works.

It definitely seems like a crap shoot, but like you said...for the price of a burger, it could be very worthwhile. Please let us know how this turns out for you.

If that pic is representative of the actual product, then it must suck to use it with those buttons so tall. They look like they have a LOT of travel. You don't want anywhere near that much travel (or button height for that matter) for fast response on a controller. Just based on that one thing alone, I don't think it's even worth a $3 risk, since it's nearly guaranteed to be money thrown away. But, we'll see!

I was just wondering about the masses of negative feedbacks of the last 12 month.

Definatly a no-go for me, don't matter what the quality says. :thumbsdown:

In the last month, there have been 260 positive reviews, with only 6 negitive reviews. Half of those are based on the slow shipping time (which you should expect from a sale from hong kong, also they mention the 3 week shipping period in the description) and the other 3 are from some adapter, which the seller replied saying that they refunded their money.

260 to 6 (being as half of those were due to shipping) isnt that bad of a ratio.

... and even if something does happen, and I dont get a refund, im only down 3 dollars...

My only fear would be that this is coming from a seller in China. I would have sent a message prior to purchase...just to see if I got any response. At least it would let me know that someone is actually there. Also, the seller has some negative feedback in their history...106 of em in the past year and another 53 neutrals. For your sake, I hope it arrives and works.

It definitely seems like a crap shoot, but like you said...for the price of a burger, it could be very worthwhile. Please let us know how this turns out for you.

I personally have bought a lot of things from China through ebay. They always take forever to arrive, but none the less do arive, and work perfectly. I have a little keychain video camera that was under 6 bucks (now theyre 6.50). After recieving my item, it worked perfectly, as the camera... but I also wanted to use it as a webcam, contact the seller, and they even sent me an email with the webcam firmware. All in all ive had better experiences with sellers from china, than america. There have been multiple times when American sellers have messed stuff up like shipping the wrong thing + recieving chipped items due to poor shpping materials). I mean dont get me wrong, some times you can clearly tell that the chinesse seller is using a translator, that doesnt always do such a good job... but you always get the best price, and people that try to the best of their ability to help.

keychain video camera: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3005743377801?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300574337780&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

If that pic is representative of the actual product, then it must suck to use it with those buttons so tall. They look like they have a LOT of travel. You don't want anywhere near that much travel (or button height for that matter) for fast response on a controller. Just based on that one thing alone, I don't think it's even worth a $3 risk, since it's nearly guaranteed to be money thrown away. But, we'll see!

I think the controller buttons just look tall and spaced apart, because your comparing it to a playstation controller. Where I actually think this controller size is smaller. Giving the illusions that the buttons are really high, and spaced apart... but if all fails, and it is complete shit, at least I have a housing to start a fun controller project.

• Like 1

That looks like one of the controllers that comes with the playpower and other clones. You may be able to rewire it. I've had a few like that. There is not that much button travel if it's similar to the ones I had, just they are really tall.

Though I kind of am looking forward to what you can do with it.

• Like 1

@explosiveegg

nowerdays there is absolutely no reason for those negative feedbacks, only if theres indeed something wrong.

I got another example, regarding the chain-cam:

This Dealer from Hong Kong eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205712726271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320571272627&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] is selling these items too and got only 0,9% of negatives feedback after selling more than 8500 items.

That is a very good performance if you ask me. Till today I bought two cams from him (on different days) and one od them was demaged. Without any discussion and with apologize he offered me money back or replacement.

He's has the same preconditions than the others but has a much better performance.

Finaly the gamepad-dealer must be doing something wrong. Maybe it's really the shipping, the quality of the product, or both.

Maybe some costumers are so angry about it all together but writing only about a late delivery at the end although he told them about in the auction text. Who even knows?

Most of the reasons are unknown but it's very characteristic when a dealer got too many negatives about those frills and furbelows. ;)

Boy, you sure know how to pick 'em ugly! That thing is hideous! :roll:

But for $3 shipped, whether it's crap or not, you won't be out much. :) Besides, since it's white it actually leaves you with some creative options. You could probably dye it to whatever color(s) might suit you.

Link to Ebay Seller

At the above link, I just purchased a very cheap 9 pin controller. My hopes is that I will be able to use it on my 2600 or colecovision, but that is all dependent on how it is wired. If not, I dont think it would be that hard to re-wire. I contacted the seller to ask if they knew if it works on the genesis, colecovision, 2600, or 7800... but that was just recently, so no response yet.

The controller does look cheap, but I doubt it would break very easily. My two fears are that the buttons may be unconfortable and that it might not have standard screws (making it hard to re-wire). Which I think it would be fun to try and rewire it to what I want... so im kind of hoping it doesnt work at first =).

Either way, for the price, i figured if it goes back into the drawer, all im missing out on is two rodeo cheeseburgers from burger king :D .

I thought id bring this item to this forum in case anyone was interested, after all these forums have helped me with lots of this. I personally have been trying to score a 7800 gamepad for cheap, with no results...

What is the most you would pay for a 7800 gamepad?

are the 7800 controllers rare? I thought they were fairly popular unlike the 5200 ones.

Proline is common but Joypad wasn't released in the US. This is the Joypad:

con_Atari7800Joypad.jpg

Not too easy to find in the US. If you do, usually they're pricey, and probably won't include the thumbstick on the D-pad.

the.golden.ax converts and sells NES pads for use on the 7800.

• Like 1

I found this at best electronics:

http://www.best-elec.../quickguide.htm

Like I said ... pricey. Almost $40 for a pair.

How pricey are pairs of very common PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii controllers?

There is a difference between still-on-the-market 6th generation systems and old, collectible, out-of-production systems.

I'm not saying they aren't worth the money as a collectible item to a lot of people, and rightfully so. But $40 is a lot of money for me to be tossing into just a couple of controllers. I mostly see the hardware as a means to play a game, so what I will buy needs to be important to the improvement and quality of the game play itself. I get along great playing my games on stock controllers, so I personally see no priority in paying that much. Now, if I came across an auction that included a couple of these controllers, would they increase the value of the auction for me? Yes, they would.

How pricey are pairs of very common PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii controllers?

I think a PS3, Xbox, or Wii controller probably has more processing power than an entire Atari 2600...

I know I always bring these up, but good ol' Sega pads/sticks. Buy them, love them. They are cheap.