IGNORED

A nice cheap controller. ($2.99 w/ free shipping)

explosiveegg

I found this at best electronics:

http://www.best-elec.../quickguide.htm

Like I said ... pricey. Almost $40 for a pair.

How pricey are pairs of very common PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii controllers?

There is a difference between still-on-the-market 6th generation systems and old, collectible, out-of-production systems.

I'm not saying they aren't worth the money as a collectible item to a lot of people, and rightfully so. But $40 is a lot of money for me to be tossing into just a couple of controllers. I mostly see the hardware as a means to play a game, so what I will buy needs to be important to the improvement and quality of the game play itself. I get along great playing my games on stock controllers, so I personally see no priority in paying that much. Now, if I came across an auction that included a couple of these controllers, would they increase the value of the auction for me? Yes, they would.

But it is both a collectible and important to the improvement and quality of the game play itself. For what it is I don't see almost $40 for a pair as pricey. There is a gap between the price and the prices of more common third party Atari controllers but there isn't a huge gap. I understand why it isn't worth it to you but the price seems about right.

What is the most you would pay for a 7800 gamepad?

The most I'd be most id be confortable paying is about $8. After shipping...

... the problem is a store around me sells all the classic type controllers for $2.

Makes me kind of spoiled when i walk out with 3 super action controllers, some paddles,

and an atari jaguar controller for $10...

I mean, Its stuff like that, that makes it hard to pay a lot for controllers...

Sadly though, the sega genesis controllers are $5. I have one, but its not in the best of shape.

I just like the looks of the 7800s controller, its not a copy of the NES controller or anything.

@explosiveegg

nowerdays there is absolutely no reason for those negative feedbacks, only if theres indeed something wrong.

I got another example, regarding the chain-cam:

This Dealer from Hong Kong eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3205712726271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320571272627&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] is selling these items too and got only 0,9% of negatives feedback after selling more than 8500 items.

That is a very good performance if you ask me. Till today I bought two cams from him (on different days) and one od them was demaged. Without any discussion and with apologize he offered me money back or replacement.

He's has the same preconditions than the others but has a much better performance.

Finaly the gamepad-dealer must be doing something wrong. Maybe it's really the shipping, the quality of the product, or both.

Maybe some costumers are so angry about it all together but writing only about a late delivery at the end although he told them about in the auction text. Who even knows?

Most of the reasons are unknown but it's very characteristic when a dealer got too many negatives about those frills and furbelows. ;)

Just today, I finally recieved a 'Brand New Xbox 360 Game' in the mail today, from an american seller (new york, 99.6% positive reviews, 7900 stars). The game was only $13... Seller was stupid and shipped it in a little sleave, with no padding. The game arrives. Shurely enough the case is busted in lots of pieces, and still in the plastic wrap. Contacted the seller. In order to get a new one, I must pay return shipping and pay shipping back. Which will total right around what I payed for the games anyway, saying they cant to anything else. However, the seller still has not sent feedback to me yet... so if I leave the negitive feedback I want, it is highly likely the I will recieve negitive feedback as well... thus, they get possitive feedback

... feedback is not always correct. That seller I bought the controller from has already sent me possitive feedback. I paid promptly, and that is all there 'auto feedback' machines require. When a seller has in the high 98%, and half of those are from shipping complents (people are stupid), and the others got a refund (and it was for one certain adapter item). Its not right to rule them out.

At least with this seller, I am not forced into giving possitive feedback, if I dont have a good experience with them.

Zwackery: So you’re telling me that if a seller doesn't leave me positive feedback then it was 'technically' negative feedback? That's messed up considering I'm an excellent ebay-er/buyer!

No, it means the seller is either lazy, doesn't care, or both. Sometimes I remind them over and over to leave it before I leave it.

Proline is common but Joypad wasn't released in the US. This is the Joypad:

con_Atari7800Joypad.jpg

Not too easy to find in the US. If you do, usually they're pricey, and probably won't include the thumbstick on the D-pad.

the.golden.ax converts and sells NES pads for use on the 7800.

I'm glad I have a joypad (beats proline for most things) but the.golden.ax converted nespads are best of the three imho

When you do get the controller, I would advise taking it apart to see how it's wired first....

Basically if there is a chip or one of those epoxy blobs in it, it's probably one of those famiclone controllers like nathanallan said, and I wouldn't risk plugging it into an atari.

There's a small possibility that it'd short out the atari if it was one of those kinds of controllers.

I'd almost bet it's one of those. In fact if you have one that's what I'd try first, a famiclone.

After you've confirmed it's a famiclone controller, there's nothing stopping you from hacking it to work with the atari though.... Though I think the famiclones only use 5 of the 9 pins, so that might be a bummer.

Edited by caver
  • Like 1

Hmm...I think the ones Ax puts together is the real deal Nintendo brand controller. Usually the famiclone controllers are rounded and made of cheap plastic...I should know I have 2 of those consoles, lol....Thanks for the heads up about using a famiclone controller tho

When you do get the controller, I would advise taking it apart to see how it's wired first....

Basically if there is a chip or one of those epoxy blobs in it, it's probably one of those famiclone controllers like nathanallan said, and I wouldn't risk plugging it into an atari.

There's a small possibility t

I'd almost bet it's one of those. In fact if you have one thahat it'd short out the atari if it was one of those kinds of controllers.

t's what I'd try first, a famiclone.

After you've confirmed it's a famiclone controller, there's nothing stopping you from hacking it to work with the atari though.... Though I think the famiclones only use 5 of the 9 pins, so that might be a bummer.

K, ill be sure to do that... and yeah, the 5 of the 9 pins would be a bummer. I got some 6 button genesis controllers on the way too (2 controllers for $3.89)... but yeah, it would be a shame if i shorted out my gemini trying mess with these. I have 3 though, so ill just test my stuff on the console with the worst screen resolution. =P

Thanks for the heads up though!

Hmm...I think the ones Ax puts together is the real deal Nintendo brand controller. Usually the famiclone controllers are rounded and made of cheap plastic...I should know I have 2 of those consoles, lol....Thanks for the heads up about using a famiclone controller tho

Yeah the one's ax makes use real controllers, and the theory for converting a famiclone one would be the basically the same....

The instructions for the conversion as I understand it are here:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/nes_atari.html?SystemID=2600

And one of the first things you do is:

" De-solder the NES lead, the two discreet resistors (R1 & R2, see below),

and the 16-pin chip and discard."

So if you were to convert a famiclone controller removing the chip/epoxy blob would be one of your first steps....

Chris

• Like 1

Ah! That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Yeah the one's ax makes use real controllers, and the theory for converting a famiclone one would be the basically the same....

The instructions for the conversion as I understand it are here:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/nes_atari.html?SystemID=2600

And one of the first things you do is:

" De-solder the NES lead, the two discreet resistors (R1 & R2, see below),

and the 16-pin chip and discard."

So if you were to convert a famiclone controller removing the chip/epoxy blob would be one of your first steps....

Chris