IGNORED

Best Joystick for Mrs Pacman 7800?

gumbo25la

I need help, what is the best responsive joystick for Mrs Pacman 7800 the Wico Command joystick (bat) or the 6 button Sega Genesis Arcade stick?

Ive done alot of research and these seem the best for Mrs Pacman 7800, so I don't want advise on other joysticks, just whats the better of these two.

I need help, what is the best responsive joystick for Mrs Pacman 7800 the Wico Command joystick (bat) or the 6 button Sega Genesis Arcade stick?

Ive done alot of research and these seem the best for Mrs Pacman 7800, so I don't want advise on other joysticks, just whats the better of these two.

I personally don't like the Wico command stick at all and prefer the Genesis one. Mine was an ascii brand Genesis one but it died. I should probably get the official Sega one.

I agree, the Tac-2 is a great joystick, and was my choice for any Pac-Man style game, until I came across this beauty:

post-6369-0-40101100-1310103210_thumb.jpg

post-6369-0-46175700-1310103255_thumb.jpg

These things use arcade grade parts, micro-switches for the joystick, and rubber cups on the bottom. They have a nice medium touch (not too light, not too stiff) and a fairly short travel (slightly more than a Tac-2)... an overall great feel. They also have a 8-way/4-way switch on the bottom (no more misdirected turns). Not only are they great for Pac-Man style games, but work great for just about any retro game. I don't know how much they go for out in the wild, or how often they can be found, but if you ever get a chance to pick one up, do it.

Edited by MrFish

I hacked a cheap Ms Pac Man plug"n"play stick with a cx40 cable. This thing is awesome for games that use 4 directions as it has a restrictor plate limiting movement to up,down,left and right.

Second place is a hacked Raddica space invaders stick and a close third is the TAC-2

I've always been curious as to the yellow button on the base. Was it intended as a secondary button for the SMS or Amstrad?

Honestly I don't know yet. I've only used it on my 8-bit so far. You've go me curious now too. I'm gonna have to look into it.

• 3 weeks later...