IGNORED

eBay Pulled my Medieval Mayhem Auction...why?

jasonbar

Howdy-

I have (had) an auction for a cart of the 2006 homebrew Medieval Mayhem that's due to start in about 2 hours.

I just got notice from eBay that it was pulled & that I was in violation of Mod Chips or Replica/Counterfeit/Unauthorized Copy policies. I disagree. This game is even in their Sell search box & has the canned item description data to augment my auction text!

I see homebrew games on eBay quite frequently. I purchased this from AtariAge myself several years ago, enjoyed it, & am now selling it off.

Has anybody had eBay pull their auction & be given a warning & have to take the quiz because of an incorrect flag? I replied to eBay Customer Support's message to plead my case just, but I've found that they're generally disappointing when contacted for such problems.

I had to take their on-line tutorial to be allowed to list items again, & I found one question that stated that certain copyright holders don't want their items sold at all & such items are automatically pulled, but I doubt that applies here. I'll contact the appropriate folks just in case I'm wrong here.

As a quick test, I just now tried making a 2nd dummy auction for Medieval Mayhem, without entering any of my own text, & it didn't give me the warning page when I was submitting it--clearly I have some suspicious text in my auction. Strange... I just started 16 other auctions that have nearly identical text--below is the only text that's unique to this auction:

"Up for sale is the NTSC version of a remake of the Atari classic video game Warlords for the Atari 2600 VCS, with funky music, fancy graphics, an Easter Egg, lots of settings, & the same awesome 4-player action of the original Warlords. I bought this new & it's still in its protective baggie, in like-new, mint condition."

I wonder what bit of text there was flagged???

Let's please not turn this into an eBay bash-a-thon. I'm looking for any replies from folks with helpful advice or experience in this area.

Thank you,

-Jason

Thanks--might be worth a try, but for such a low-priced item, I'm hesitant to risk jeopardizing my account status!

I got a response from the author & he has no agreement with eBay to prevent others from selling his items. Still waiting to hear from AA.

Thanks,

-Jason

Howdy-

I have (had) an auction for a cart of the 2006 homebrew Medieval Mayhem that's due to start in about 2 hours.

I just got notice from eBay that it was pulled & that I was in violation of Mod Chips or Replica/Counterfeit/Unauthorized Copy policies. I disagree. This game is even in their Sell search box & has the canned item description data to augment my auction text!

I see homebrew games on eBay quite frequently. I purchased this from AtariAge myself several years ago, enjoyed it, & am now selling it off.

Has anybody had eBay pull their auction & be given a warning & have to take the quiz because of an incorrect flag? I replied to eBay Customer Support's message to plead my case just, but I've found that they're generally disappointing when contacted for such problems.

I had to take their on-line tutorial to be allowed to list items again, & I found one question that stated that certain copyright holders don't want their items sold at all & such items are automatically pulled, but I doubt that applies here. I'll contact the appropriate folks just in case I'm wrong here.

As a quick test, I just now tried making a 2nd dummy auction for Medieval Mayhem, without entering any of my own text, & it didn't give me the warning page when I was submitting it--clearly I have some suspicious text in my auction. Strange... I just started 16 other auctions that have nearly identical text--below is the only text that's unique to this auction:

"Up for sale is the NTSC version of a remake of the Atari classic video game Warlords for the Atari 2600 VCS, with funky music, fancy graphics, an Easter Egg, lots of settings, & the same awesome 4-player action of the original Warlords. I bought this new & it's still in its protective baggie, in like-new, mint condition."

I wonder what bit of text there was flagged???

Let's please not turn this into an eBay bash-a-thon. I'm looking for any replies from folks with helpful advice or experience in this area.

Thank you,

-Jason

I don't know why E-bay does this, I have read a few threads here kind of like yours before though. What were you looking to get for the cart.? If you are interested in selling it here I would be interested.

Thanks