IGNORED

CC65 Lynx

qberticus

I had similar issues. I finally had to recompile the cc65 compiler using the GNU compiler. If you want to try my copy I put a link to it at http://www.mindspring.com/~mvknapp/lynx. My settings.bat file is in the root and is called cc65env.bat. You will need to modify this to match your environment. Yell if have any problems.

One other thing you may want to find is CYGWIN which is a unix shell that runs under windows. This will allow you to use the sprite packer program. Also ignore the cc65w.bat file in the root because I forgot to remove it from the zip file. It's there because I've been trying to modify the new windows version of cc65 w/ the modifications Bastian made to the original version.

I never could get the version built with GCC to work, so I made some small changes to get it to compile under M$ Visual C++. At least that's what I think I did. If anyone is interested I could just .zip up my development environment and send it to you.

If I remember correctly when you build with GCC there was something wierd about the way environment variables worked, such that I couldn't get it to behave satisfactorily in my development environment (W2K/XP Pro). Don't remember exactly what the issue was.

My dev environment still requires cygwin in order to run all of the other components, including make. I use Textpad as an editor, and actually code sprites by hand, in hex.

Eric

I'm not sure why mine didn't work. It wouldn't recognize the basic structures such as int or char. I recompiled and ended up using borland's make to put it all together, after adjusting the .mak files. I didn't recompile the sprite packer or other utilities. The versions that I pulled down just happened to be the unix versions and they seem to work fine for me so I haven't bothered getting other ones or remaking them. I use Borland C++ 5.0 as my editor since it does the color syntax checking for me. Once I'm done I save the files and compile them using cc65. So far it works like a charm.