IGNORED

Megadrive controller stuck firing on 7800.

NeilTheDruid

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use my megadrive controller with my 7800. I'm not sure if it requires modding - I think that's only for the 2 firing buttons to work independently - but my controller seems to be permanently firing. For example when I start Asteroids, I don't get the title screen because the button is firing, starting the game, and then it's just permanent warping, rendering the game unplayable. I've had a go at switching the player difficulty switches but that doesn't make a difference. What's going on guys?

Cheers :)

Asteroids and 2 button games don't like Genesis controllers due to the frequency of the start button. Asteroids, while supporting 1 button, tries to detect the Genesis controller as a two button. Have you tried 1 button games like Ms. Pac-Man, Joust, Food Fight, Galaga, Robotron or Centipede? Those should be fine.

Edited by BrianC

• 5 weeks later...

I wish someone would make controllers for a 7800, also a lightgun adapter for the sega gun. Or better yet an adapter with two ports one for the sega gun and one for the sega controller and one out to the 7800, with a switch so you can choose which one you want. :lust: