IGNORED

Quality of new 8-bit carts?

davidcalgary29

I'm trying to rebuild my 8-bit system and haven't purchased any new games for a long, long time. I know that some really great games were released in the early '90s, and I'm thinking about buying a few carts from Video 61 next month. Can anyone comment on the quality of the following games?

1. "Jurassic Park 2"

2. "Deflektor"

3. "Thunderfox" (doesn't a price of $60 seem to be a bit high for an 8-bit game?)

4. "Mr. Do's Castle"

5. "Quest for Quintana Roo"

In addition, can anyone tell me if a passable "Klax" clone was ever released for the 8-bits?

Many thanks!

I'm trying to rebuild my 8-bit system and haven't purchased any new games for a long, long time. I know that some really great games were released in the early '90s, and I'm thinking about buying a few carts from Video 61 next month. Can anyone comment on the quality of the following games?

1. "Jurassic Park 2"

2. "Deflektor"

3. "Thunderfox" (doesn't a price of $60 seem to be a bit high for an 8-bit game?)

Why is Thunderfox so expensive ? It was officially released and can be found on ebay for $10 or less , new and shrinkwrapped.

I also have lots of this game left.

Thimo

Thunderfox is a pretty good game - originally a cassette game for Atari UK, it was picked up by Atari US and converted to cart since it was way better than 90% of the stuff they were putting out at the time. I know the guys who put it together and they were very competent and the Oral Cornellius music is great...

Deflektor is a very nice game too, very playable and well worth the cash IMHO...

I would pass on Jurrasic Park 2 and Qunitana Roo if I were you - neither is much fun.

sTeVE

Thunderfox is one of the hardest damn games I've ever played. It seems decent graphically but it's so brutally difficult that I don't like it much. I picked up mine for about $4, so $50 seems pretty high.

Many of these "new" cart games on Ebay and through dealers and through seem to be quick conversions from disk/tape to to cart and I worry about "issues". Anyone have any of these new "carts" that weren't officially released on cart? (aka the cart version of BRUCE LEE) Any issues/crashes pop up?