IGNORED

my new DOA light sixer from eBay

bomberpunk

spent $31.49 shipped as seen here: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1606117068941?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160611706894&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

i bought the thing figuring i could just use the power adapter for my Vader, but nothing happens when i turn the system on. i fiddled with the RF cable, as there is some damage to it which was previously wrapped with electrical tape. this COULD be the issue, unless Vaders and light sixers use different power adapters?

i took the system apart to make sure the other end of the RF cable was secure (which it was) and i noticed that the hole on the bottom of the unit labeled "A B CHANNEL SELECT" doesn't match up to anything on the inside, as in there's no switch there to switch. is this normal for a light sixer?? in fact i looked all over the damn place and there's NO channel select switch anywhere on the board!!

Edited by bomberpunk

okay, i found RF cables on sale here for $5.00, and the same website shows that all VCS/2600 models use the same power adapter. therefore i can rule out powering issues.

EDIT: MYSTERY SOLVED!! WRONG F***IN CHANNEL!! :dunce: my Vader was set to Channel 2 for better reception. since i'm not using a tube tv, i just get a blue screen instead of the you're-one-channel-away-so-the-picture-is-really-fuzzy hint. i switched to Channel 3 and BAM! Harmony screen in my FACE!

woot!!

Edited by bomberpunk

The Sunnyvale 6ers used channel 3 only. Also, if you read the listing, it says the power cord was bad. :?

yeah i didn't bother with that power cord, i just used the one from my Vader.

is it only the Sunnyvale Light Sixers that don't have a channel switch? the reason i ask is because the sticker with the serial number on it is not there.