IGNORED

Help! My Cuttle Cart fell apart

MegaManFan

Hmm. Okay. Seems delicate but perhaps I can manage it, though I'm not sure how I could hot glue it, lift the pins with a knife and snap it into place with only two hands. I feel like a surgeon who needs a nurse to assist. *heh* And of course the $64,000 question is, how do I know the reader isn't manged up anyway? Would I be better waiting for the replacement part from Richard than trying to put the one back on that came off to begin with?

Edited by MegaManFan

Personally I'd wait for the part from Richard and then glue the new version in place.

As it stands, that's my plan, though Mitch's detailed photos are very helpful. :thumbsup:

Did I miss something? I thought Richard was sending you the exact same part that you already have? :ponder:

Also, you don't use the hot glue until after you get the socket installed. You would put the hot glue at the base of the plastic socket so that it can't slide off again.

Mitch

From the sound of it yes but it's being suggested I'm better off using Richard's replacement part just in case the one that came off to begin with is damaged in any way. Since the replacement part has never been used and mine's been used ever since I got the Cuttle Cart II (as I recall I was in the pre-pre-order so I've had this thing for a while now) I'm probably better off using the part that has no wear and tear instead of putting the same one back in there. :shrug:

Would it be best practice for those that currently have a CC2 to hot glue the end even without having a problem?

Its not a bad idea. I had one snap off myself, and I soldered a new one on. I since then sold it and its still running strong.