IGNORED

If we take this from C64 how to get C64 ColourMap

via Kernal I doubt that it is possible to color the "brown parts" plus the blue eyes... as you only have the missles for the "transparent fx" plus color change...

but the idea of MK is that you combine for static pictures transparency plus inline color changes which might be possible and draw the gfx in such a way. look at the game Neverending Story on A8 which uses PM overlays for the static gfx, too.

via Kernal I doubt that it is possible to color the "brown parts" plus the blue eyes... as you only have the missles for the "transparent fx" plus color change...

but the idea of MK is that you combine for static pictures transparency plus inline color changes which might be possible and draw the gfx in such a way. look at the game Neverending Story on A8 which uses PM overlays for the static gfx, too.

The Browns are the kernal.

The eyes are the Missiles.

each Eye it's two Missiles and Missiles are at quadruple width.

Jose, sure... but please count the cycles for the example..... and don't forget that at the two halfs of each scanline have different timings due to DMA fetching... so it is more complicated than simply overpaint a pic.

but I get the idea but I doubt at the moment that the brown stuff would be possible...

Jose, sure... but please count the cycles for the example..... and don't forget that at the two halfs of each scanline have different timings due to DMA fetching... so it is more complicated than simply overpaint a pic.

but I get the idea but I doubt at the moment that the brown stuff would be possible...

Aren't that an A8 Picture?

Emkay you've done the rasters or that's just a PAINTing screen?

Emkay?

Emkay?

LOL

Ofcourse it's real. But, sometimes I know why heaven doesn't finish his Atari stuff . One cause is the still underestimation of the A8's functions ;)

Cross Adam Bylliard's Elektraglide with the SoftSprites routines of Sheddy's SpaceHarrier (because these two gmes use GR.7) and we can get something if the PMs. are used as Underlays/Overlays on Prior0:

post-6517-0-20381300-1311187197_thumb.png

-> P2&P3/M2&M3 on the sides Gfxs.

-> M0&M1 are the center of the Road lines

-> P0&P1 Multicolour are that Brown lines that can be a car, enemys, a man like in sapceHarrier.

Edited by José Pereira

Emkay?

LOL

Ofcourse it's real. But, sometimes I know why heaven doesn't finish his Atari stuff . One cause is the still underestimation of the A8's functions ;)

blabla... ;)

and btw... still waiting for you finishing your game... ;)

Edited by Heaven/TQA
  • Like 1

The three GTIA Modes are:

1.)- 16Luminances of the same colour controlled by Backgr. register and Luminance by 4bit Pairs

2.)- 9colours of any Luminance controlled by the A8 colour registers (PFs. and PMs.)

3.)- 16colours but with the same Luminance controlled by Backgr. reg. and colours by 4bit Pairs

Point 1.) and 3.) have all Players above Backgr. 4bit pairs and can only Oring luminances if the 4Missiles are using 5th Player PF3.

Point 2.) you get 9colours in any luminance but it also uses the 4PMs. colour registers(704,705,706,707) and if we get in someway PMs. for the Moving things and, for example, PRIOR0, there will be a lot of mess because (PM0&PM1 will Oring PF0&PF1) and (PM2&PM3 will Oring PF2&PF3).

To solve this we would need to get the PMs. as underlays of PFs.

post-6517-0-62465300-1311210008_thumb.png

This Picture, for example, we could, I think, get each car a as one PM (less colours on each but probably not bad) SoftSprite 4:1 (PM 'Oring' the correspondant PFs.)

But this way the cars and Horizontal scrolling would move in 4:1ratio...

Would these be possible?

Possible probably with good choosing of colours/luminances and DLIs. but would the 4:1 Moving/Scrolling be a good way to go?

(Anyone know any place with the cars sprites and Gfxs./Tiles/screen design of Power Drift, any versions and also the Arcade one?)

Looking at still images will only distract, you want to know how much CPU time is left for tricks after the game engine is in place. This is how most games were written, engine first....graphics last.

What are the 16 colours at the same luminance...example? It's a very bright/colourful game and this might be the best option.

It's always best to start with the original arcade graphics and convert those to the A8 than using another machine's graphics as the start point.

Just for those who didn't know, the designers of Power Drift also designed Mario Kart for the SNES and Nintendo just spruced it up a bit. Power Drift is awesome though, have the Saturn version...playability is the key anyway when converting :)

This Picture, for example, we could, I think, get each car a as one PM (less colours on each but probably not bad) SoftSprite 4:1 (PM 'Oring' the correspondant PFs.)

But this way the cars and Horizontal scrolling would move in 4:1ratio...

Would these be possible?

Ofcourse. I see game on other machines moving the objects im 8:8 ratio ... charmode ;) and everything is fine.

Possibly a game fully based on the gr. 10 mode without any overlay (for a start) could do well for a special game project.

I'd really like to see a racing game, taking advantage of the whole available colours.

So sometimes the sky could be changed into a colourfull sunrise to day to sundown to night to sunrise .... always in different colours, while driving.

If day or night is there, the top gets back to gr. 10. I'd bet , the A8 is the 1st homecomputer making it possible to have an infrared view (gr. 11) .... ;)

Seeing that mockup, it almost could do well to use the DLI pipe effect, to have the street looking like this.

So charmode could be usable for this, granting fluent gameplay.

Emkay you're good at this kind of things.

See what you can have with this picture in the 3GTIA Modes.

It seems a very good Gfxs. to start a Racing/Driving game...

Just get this just by writing 'Infrared view' in Google Images.

Imagine here a Road (MarioKart?) and look carefully to the Floor, it doesn't go up the Middle of the Trees.

You could have a colour/16Luminances on Bottom and another for the Top.

But even in just one colour and 16luminances:

post-6517-0-92230400-1311235743_thumb.png

And the Weather is turning very, very Badly, you may better go Home:

post-6517-0-49142500-1311235838_thumb.png

:D

This have a great Gfx. to a driving game, yes, it has!...

post-6517-0-23336200-1311252324_thumb.png

Just use this screen from G2F examples to get something at 4:1 with the 5th Player Missiles Oring in GR.9 Mode and a Player (Dark Blue).

It may seem strange because Players always go over Backgr. Register and GTIA Mode9 only have Backgr. Reg.

But if someone can do me a favour, please go into Assembly and where's PRIOR1 (the only one I can use in G2F 4:1ratio) and change it to PRIOR0:

loading.xex

Save it in a .xex and send it to here.

Thanks.

José Pereira.

Edited by José Pereira

Great!

Looking amazing but this is a G2F Picture... If we use this Picture and have some cars running on bottom what real colour/DLIs./GTIA Mode we could get?

(probably cars mix of PM and some of the GTIA)

This mode isn't really suitable for a game with many moving objects. Just a demonstration of 256 colours. Except you have a huge HD and play frame per frame like a video ....