IGNORED

Ballblazer cart question....

gorfcadet

yeah, I tried qtip w alcohol, when that didn't work I moved up to emory board and back to qtip... I've only had two dead games ever; this one and Bezerk. Bezerk bothers me a lot because I never end up with it in any lot auctions I go after. Ballblazer always gives me a green strpied screen. Tried it on both of my 78's

The cartridge contains a POKEY chip, which is an Atari sound chip that was used in 7800 BallBlazer to create the music. BallBlazer cartridges are sometimes collected as "donors" either by 7800 programmers who want to use POKEY sound in their own games, or by others who want to remove it from the cartridge for some other project.

I'd second GroovyBee's recommendation: clean the cartridge first, and if that doesn't work, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a replacement for more than a few dollars (BallBlazer is a fairly common game). You might even find a taker for your dead cartridge if you list it cheaply enough it in the Marketplace.

Cool thanks guys. I'll give it one more try before I stick a fork in it. I'm just killing time till the store goes back up. Just my luck to find a community like this at the same time the store is down. I am dying to try one of the 7800 Pac's or that Burgertime or Qbert game. I'm a teacher and I'm hoping to get involved during the summers. Maybe teach myself some of the programming language or t least put my Adobe skills to work. I'm a journalism teacher and I spend most of my time on CS3 photoshop, illustrator, and indesign. So if anyone needs some help with boxes or labels, I'd love to work on something other than a yearbook.