IGNORED

Need some advice on a sold item

SlowCoder

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1706760105951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170676010595&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This auction sold. The winner has 0 feedback, a member on eBay since 2007. They contacted me to tell me their shipping address is different than the one PayPal sent me. They also paid by eCheck to PayPal.

I suppose this could be explained as they have been inactive on eBay for over a year, and have moved, and happen to prefer checks to PayPal.

Just wondering if you guys think this is legit?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1706760105951?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170676010595&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This auction sold. The winner has 0 feedback, a member on eBay since 2007. They contacted me to tell me their shipping address is different than the one PayPal sent me. They also paid by eCheck to PayPal.

I suppose this could be explained as they have been inactive on eBay for over a year, and have moved, and happen to prefer checks to PayPal.

Just wondering if you guys think this is legit?

I had a buyer pay by eCheck recently. eBay advised that I wait to ship the item until the eCheck cleared. Once it did, I shipped. The buyer seemed to be okay with it.

Agreed,should present no problem.It will take a few days before it clears.Just watch your PP account,you will see it when its good

Also,dont ship until it has cleared.

Its kinda like taking a post dated check,but going thru PP,will save you any issues

I contacted eBay chat ...

(fluff removed, most informative portion is red)

----------------------------

Michelle Bi.

Hello there! Thanks for waiting and we apologize for the long wait time. We are currently working on improving our system to serve you better. Welcome to eBay General Support Live Help! My name is Michelle Bi., let me get to your concern quickly. But before that, may I have your first and last name please?

slowcoder74

Michelle Bi.

Hello *****. How are you today and how can I help you?

slowcoder74

I sold this item, but have concerns about my protection. The buyer wants me to send the package to a different address than the one listed on PayPal.

slowcoder74

I understand there is no seller protection if I was to ship to a different address.

Michelle Bi.

I would just like to check, are you going to ship the item with a tracking number?

slowcoder74

I would.

Michelle Bi.

If I understand your concern correctly, you would like to know if it is okay OR what will you do since this buyer would like to ship the item to another address , is that correct?

slowcoder74

Yes

Michelle Bi.

I would be happy to check on this for you.

Michelle Bi.

On the other hand, it is actually okay to ship the item to another address as long as that address is a confirmed PayPal address and you will be protected as long as the tracking shows that the item was delivered to that address. The buyer should also place that address as his/her primary shipping address in his/her eBay account and PayPal account.

slowcoder74

The address they emailed is different from what the shipping label says. Therefore, you are saying I should NOT send, correct?

Michelle Bi.

If that address is not a PayPal confirmed address, it would be best not to continue with the transaction.

slowcoder74

Ok, so my next step is to contact the buyer and explain, then go to the resolution center to cancel.

slowcoder74

Correct?

Michelle Bi.

Yes...

slowcoder74

Ok.

slowcoder74

I appreciate it.

Michelle Bi.

No problem. I'm glad I was able to help. Thanks for using eBay Live Help! We value your business.

You have a wonderful day!

-----------------------

With this, I have notified the buyer I will have to re-list the auction. :(

Edited by SlowCoder

It is true that you will not receive any protection on an item shipped to a non confirmed address so not good idea to do it if you have any doubts.

That said be very careful with the eBay on line help routine. You will likely get different answers depending on the individual you chat with. eBay will also not stand behind what the information you received in the chat session if it was incorrect information even when the log is available for them to review, eBay will just tell you sorry that the information you received was incorrect and the correct policy will apply regardless.

Edited by kheffington

It is true that you will not receive any protection on an item shipped to a non confirmed address so not good idea to do it if you have any doubts.

I don't think this is true.

To qualify for eBay Seller Protection, be sure to:

Communicate proactively with your buyer throughout the transaction.

Ship items within 7 days of the stated handling time on your listing. For pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, ship within the timelines stated in your listing.

Use a shipping method that provides tracking information and/or valid delivery confirmation to the address in the PayPal transaction details or eBay order details page.

Signature confirmation is required for transactions over $250.

Retain your shipping documentation

Respond to the eBay resolution process in a timely manner.

That is not necessarily a "confirmed" PayPal address.

http://pages.ebay.com/paypal/seller/

Even PayPal says it's okay to ship to a non-confirmed address within Ebay.

You ship the item to the address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page. If you’re not selling on eBay, make sure you ship to a Confirmed Address. This means that you’re shipping to an address that PayPal has validated to help reduce chances of fraud.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/seller_protection_learn_more

Ebay changed this rule a while ago, I am pretty sure...