IGNORED

Tarzan by Coleco - MANUAL ONLY

NIAD

I don't understand why the manual artwork is different from the box artwork :ponder:

Coleco usually (always) used the same artwork for both manual and box

So they decided to use the same artwork as the ColecoVision version....

Kind of similar to the 2600 prototype Smurf Rescue box I found... completely different artwork from the release one

Get the cart, then we can talk.

That might be a tough one to be had. As far as AtariMania.com states, the game required a special chip and due to this added expense, Coleco did not proceed with releasing it. So, like so many other unreleased games, probably only a small handful of people at Coleco had access to the game and even fewer probably still have it after all these years. :x

Here's some better quality pics and the full manual will be properly scanned by Retroillucid for the Coleco Museum website being amassed (slowly but surely) at www.colecoindustries.com.

Many thanks, NIAD.

Pictures of the two missing pages would be nice.

8)

High quality pics and possibly even a scan of the entire manual will be made available on the Coleco Museum website in a couple weeks or so:

http://www.colecoindustries.com

The site is a little sparse right now, but big updates are coming in September!

BTW, the manual is complete and in prestine condition... must have been protected by all the other ColecoVision game manuals all these years! :roll:

Edited by NIAD

That manual looks super-cool. I was expecting this thread to grow faster than it has. Since the booklet is complete and has detailed screen illustrations, a homebrewer could probably re-create the game if he/she wanted to. Has a finished manual for an unreleased game ever turned up like this before?

• Like 1

That manual looks super-cool. I was expecting this thread to grow faster than it has. Since the booklet is complete and has detailed screen illustrations, a homebrewer could probably re-create the game if he/she wanted to. Has a finished manual for an unreleased game ever turned up like this before?

Not as polished as this.

The Sears SwordQuest - FireWorld manual comes to mind.

8)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Get the cart, then we can talk.

Haven't checked back in this thread for a while seeing as the manual is now in the trusted hands of Retroillucid and will be scanned for the long overdue BIG update to the website sometime in the summer, but I just couldn't resist a reply to this quoted post... so here it is:

Talk to who? You? Yeah, right!

Haven't checked back in this thread for a while seeing as the manual is now in the trusted hands of Retroillucid and will be scanned for the long overdue BIG update to the website sometime in the summer

It's already donated to our database:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-tarzan_20495.html

Thanks anyway.

8)