IGNORED

The big Atari/Sears VCS 6-switch/heavy sixer picture-thread

Mister VCS

Not sure what the point of this thread is, but in the spirit of participating ...

Atari:

Heavy: post-26796-0-20914300-1313333425_thumb.jpg

Heavy "Vader H6": post-26796-0-15545800-1313333450_thumb.jpg

Light: post-26796-0-36308000-1313333414_thumb.jpg

Sears:

Heavy with white cart connector: post-26796-0-17557100-1313333439_thumb.jpg

Heavy with rarer green cart connector: post-26796-0-60395900-1313333379_thumb.jpg

Light with custom controllers: post-26796-0-70431600-1313333401_thumb.jpg

Light with custom controllers: post-26796-0-90784400-1313333388_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure what the point of this thread is, but in the spirit of participating ...

Heavy "Vader H6": post-26796-0-15545800-1313333450_thumb.jpg

Wow, what's the story behind the Heavy Vader? I've never even heard of one before.

Same here. Never heard of it! It's beautiful, though!

Edited by Jr. Pac

Here you go: http://www.atariage....evening-project

As far as I know, it's the only one.

Note that I wouldn't have done it if the H6 wasn't in such bad shape, as I don't like to modify the appearance of consoles that are in good shape.

Wow! I'm getting one in pretty bad shape. I'll probably do that! Thanks for the info. I was so confused. :P :dunce:

Edited by Jr. Pac

:D

Man seeing those sears telegames box's takes me back to being ten years old again. My friend got the telegames the first year that it came out. God I was so awe inspired by it and jealous of it (had to kiss his ass to play half the time) :/ It was like two and a half years before my mom and dad finaly 'could afford' one for me and my brother.

Edited by Trinity

zylon: Is that the Sears Video Arcade that was on sale @ atari2600.com around april-may-ish this year?

Which one? I'm going to say No anyway since I've never shopped there.

The one on TV stand I've had since '87, the boxed H6er since '99, boxed L6er since '05, loose H6er since '08(my spare).

Zylon: Oh ok. Cos the boxed (red) one on the right, I saw one on atari2600.com and was contemplating on getting that one or the CIB boxed vader and ended up buying the CIB boxed vader. Then when I had money to buy it, it was sold :(

I bought that reddish one because it was an actual Factory reconditioned printed box and not just a sticker. :) That, and my collection focuses mainly on the preservation of the Sears items. ;)

post-25215-0-82918400-1313516749_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

zylon: Haha I know you have a TON of those Sears consoles from my Heavy 6-switch list I'm compiling which I gotta post the new list sometime today...I got side tracked last night. Do you prefer the Sears models to the Atari ones?

Currently 4 Sears H6ers and 10 Sears L6ers. Used to be 5 H6ers, but I sold one to someone on AA. I vastly prefer the Sears models because I like the looks and they seem to need less work when I get them.

I have a big ol' SunnyVale Girl, but her power cord is frayed and she is hiding her face of late (the switch-plate decal is missing.) I know I can get a new power-supply at AtariGuide, but I'm not sure where to look for the decal. I browsed Best Electronics, but didn't see a listing. :/