IGNORED

Which XEGS carts are rare ?

Lord-Chaos

I´ve seen people bidding more than $50 for XEGS Crystal Castles ; is this game really so rare in North America ?

Because here in Europe , it was available in quantities in the 90s and it´s not rare at all.

But on the other hande - someone bid 782 Euro (about $782) for Mule on ebay Germany , although this game isn´t too rare.

Which of the XEGS games are really rare ?

The only one I don´t have is Karateka.

Thimo

Its 2003 :) so "available in the 90s" doesn't count. CC is worth 50 and about $100 new in the box. No dealer has had in stock for a while. I think Kareteka was available last time I looked. Its been a while so maybe it is becoming rarer. The rarest of all XE is Donkey Kong. Probably not as valuable since it the same old version, but it is definitely rarer. Some others are listed by Krieg et al (see other thread) , but I am waiting for evidence.

Its 2003 :) so "available in the 90s" doesn't count. CC is worth 50 and about $100 new in the box. No dealer has had in stock for a while. I think Kareteka was available last time I looked. Its been a while so maybe it is becoming rarer. The rarest of all XE is Donkey Kong. Probably not as valuable since it the same old version, but it is definitely rarer. Some others are listed by Krieg et al (see other thread) , but I am waiting for evidence.

You may look an ebay.de or ebay.uk for Crystal Castles , usually these carts sell for $10 - $15 , maybe less.One day , most of the carts of one seller were sold for under $5.

But I did not know that there is XEGS Donkey Kong.I only have the XL cart.So that means 2 missing carts.

Was Bug Hunt released without the Lightgun or only with it ?

Thimo

There is no PAL or NTSC for 8-bit carts made by Atari. One version works on both. Anyway, I am surprised about the European availability of CC. I know T.skid from Italy is looking for a copy -- he always posts on AA when there is a CC on eBay. Bug Hunt came with the XE game system or with the light gun. There is no seperate box for it or for Flight Simulator.

Hello all,

Someone told me he had seen a Star Raiders (not II) in XEGS-case. Unfortunately the cart went broken, so it was thrown away.

Apart from the rumours, here is my list of rarity:

1) Donkey Kong (only three specimen seen yet during my collectors life) and

Eastern Front 1941 (yes, XEGS version in blue box)

2) Karateka

3) Chrystal Castles

4) Choplifter

5) Summer Games

6) Blue Max and Battlezone

7) and the rest.

Greets,

Andre

There is no PAL or NTSC for 8-bit carts made by Atari. One version works on both. Anyway, I am surprised about the European availability of CC. I know T.skid from Italy is looking for a copy -- he always posts on AA when there is a CC on eBay. Bug Hunt came with the XE game system or with the light gun. There is no seperate box for it or for Flight Simulator.

I believe NTSC games generally work on PAL machines but not always the other way around. If I recall you need to swap out a chip on your NTSC machine for better PAL compatibility.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

I believe NTSC games generally work on PAL machines but not always the other way around. If I recall you need to swap out a chip on your NTSC machine for better PAL compatibility.

Mitchhttp://atari7800.atari.org

All the XE games I have are North American versions , with English instructions (ATARI 2600 games usually had English/German/French/Spanish/Italian instructions in Europe).

And some of these games don´t work correctly on PAL systems - games like Lode Runner and David´s Midnight Magic.

The technique they use to create color in Graphics 8 won´t work on PAL systems , so these games are black/white.The screenshots on the boxes show color.

Same with the old version of Choplifter ,Ultima,Treshold , Lunar Leeper and other old games.

Some games on disk/tape or demos may use the enhanced PAL resolution or require 50Hz for correct timing.Maybe some of the newer games from Poland may not work on NTSC systems.

Thimo