IGNORED

Questionable Atari 5200 titles on eBay

dino999

Spy Hunter is a conversion from the Atari 8 bit computer linu-up. Xevious is prototype only. These are reproduction carts, and not original releases.

For the money you would spend on both of these cartridges, you could buy an Atarimax multicart, which could allow you to put all of the roms on one cartridge.

• Like 3

Spy Hunter:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504822899821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350482289982&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Xevious:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504822898301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350482289830&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Have any of you seen these reproduced as homebrew at conventions and such? The AtariAge guide lists Xevious as a prototype only.

He's been a seller on ebay for a while. Extremely over-priced on everything. I avoid him.

Allan

• Like 1

I've always wondered about these situations since often the seller finds a pigeon to buy their insanely priced items...

If you're going to buy a game like Xevious, or Spy Hunter for the 5200 off Ebay...wouldn't you wonder why they are SO much higher than say Pac-Man, or Star Raiders, etc which go for under $10 bucks...Wouldn't that prompt you to do just a tiny bit of research on it? That's pretty much all it takes to realize these are WAY overpriced...

I know, there are plenty of suckers on ebay and all...but c'mon!

That Xevious cartridge is one I made, with original artwork created for AtariAge. I'd be glad to make one for $25 for anyone who wants one. Don't know anything about the Spy Hunter cartridge.

..Al

I think I'm going to go offer him $15 bucks and see what happens :D

*UPDATE*

post-24538-0-93304600-1314887874_thumb.png

Big surprise there!

Edited by disjaukifa

Spy Hunter:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504822899821?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350482289982&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Xevious:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504822898301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350482289830&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Have any of you seen these reproduced as homebrew at conventions and such? The AtariAge guide lists Xevious as a prototype only.

He's been a seller on ebay for a while. Extremely over-priced on everything. I avoid him.

Allan

The guy in question I can vouch for. I did a pretty big trade with him in the past to acquire a BBSB from him. The trade went very smoothly. The only way I would have been able to get this game. No problem at all with him.

if he went through the trubble or reproing the cart he should charge whatever he wants. i mean, if you never heard of atariage you couldnt get that cart anywhere else..

No, he didn't make those. He just bought them and put them on eBay for three times or more what he paid for them.

Allan

Thanks. I just wanted to know if these were conversions or homebrew. I figured I could get them much cheaper elsewhere. I mean everyone knows that the versions of Xevious for NES is much better than the atari 8-bit proto could ever be especially since Xevious for NES is a complete game.

That Xevious cartridge is one I made, with original artwork created for AtariAge. I'd be glad to make one for $25 for anyone who wants one. Don't know anything about the Spy Hunter cartridge.

..Al

I am currently looking for a Xevious cartridge for the Atari 5200! PM forthcoming!

You can always buy the 5200 conversions on Good Deal Games. For example, Spy Hunter is available for $29.95 with the same exact label.

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%205200.html

Jeff

I have Millipede on the way from Good Deal Games… but they do not have Xevious as I had asked about that game and Michael had promptly replied with regret that Xevious was not available

I got Xevious from a seller here on the Marketplace, it even had an awesome box made for it, and it was well under $75. Prototype or not, I LOVE this version of the game. I like the weird wide horizontal bullets, the sound effects, etc. It's not arcade perfect, but it's fun and a great edition of the game. Screw the NES. :twisted:

That seller may be reliable, but he is _always_ grossly overpriced as Allan said above. I think his pricing does all of us a disservice by driving up prices of things that don't need to cost so much. Like say, Spy Hunter from GoodDealGames, he clearly just bought it from them for $30 (or got it from someone else for less), doubled (+) the price and put it on Ebay. But of course, buyer beware I guess...

Edited by Curious Sofa

On the subject of the Spy Hunter conversion, why on earth did GoodDealGames, or whoever made those (maybe classics/AtariMax) use that label from the Xbox/PS2 game and not something from the 80's?

More than likely it was the decision of the person how hacked/programmed the game, not necessarily Good Deal Games.

I dealt with this guy (beep4me) only once and he was insistent that i would not be able to get the games he was offering anywhere else. i won't buy anything from him after that experience. what a jerk, charging that much for those games. he ruins it for everyone else.

:(

Edited by AtariGuru

You can always buy the 5200 conversions on Good Deal Games. For example, Spy Hunter is available for $29.95 with the same exact label.

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%205200.html

Jeff

Was about to say that. I sold off all of mine like this on AA when I thought I was going to get an AtariMax, but then never had the money due to other bills. I got $15 - $25 per title, and it was a hard sell. Mostly went to AAers.

AX