IGNORED

Cleaning out vintage computer storage

phattyboombatty

I used to live less than an hour away from Alpine. I have a brother in RB/Poway, he is an 8-bit fan as well. I'd help if I still lived there. The 2,000 mile commute would be a problem. Remember to wear those skeleton gloves Barry wears on Storage Wars, Black Widows are common in that neck of the woods.

On the road, I have help. Don't worry, im sure there will be tons of - shit!

One mans sh!t is another mans . . . gold? Somehow that doesn't sound right. I'm guessing you have a droid or iOS device that has internet access, so please keep us up to date on what you find! Hopefully its not a pile of junk!

Poor sloopy. I don't think he's going to survive all 8 hours.

8 hours!?!?!?! i am gonna die!

dunno why i am worried anywho... i am broke as hell, and cant even afford a C= computer let alone any great item with the almighty fuji on it...

(are you there yet?)

sloopy.

*Sigh*

Only happens in America :(

Don't you worry, me and you will end up finding an 8-bit treasure trove down a slate mine or something. :D

Atari UK had a huge warehouse in Slough, I've seen it I've been in there....it was loaded with Atari stuff from top to bottom.

I've heard that Derek Fern purchased the lot when Atari UK closed its offices, but I never seen him selling all this stuff, only bits advertised in Atari User Page 6. The rest is still out there....somewhere....in a landfill in UK :-)

Edited by high voltage

*Sigh*

Only happens in America :(

Don't you worry, me and you will end up finding an 8-bit treasure trove down a slate mine or something. :D

Atari UK had a huge warehouse in Slough, I've seen it I've been in there....it was loaded with Atari stuff from top to bottom.

I've heard that Derek Fern purchased the lot when Atari UK closed its offices, but I never seen him selling all this stuff, only bits advertised in Atari User Page 6. The rest is still out there....somewhere....in a landfill in UK :-)

You DARE put a smiley in there???:x

;)

On the road, I have help. Don't worry, im sure there will be tons of - shit!

...I happen to run a successful Psychology consultation//consolation business. I have customers from all walks of life (have learned a lot from them, actually).

If the Trove of retro-gear ends up looking "somewhat different' from what you envisioned/expected, feel free to give me a call. Insurance-charges and co-payments all go on the house.

If you only end up finding (say) a nice-looking, pristine RAMROD for the "JM"-800, I will waive one-year of consultation fees, in exchange.

Be strong, :)

F.

• Like 1

ok, he was supposed to be there an hour ago... wheres the updates? the twitter feed? the live sat broadcast feed?

PEOPLE WANNA KNOW!!!

*a-hem*

sorry, please ignore this rant, and return to your normally scheduled day :')

sloopy.

ok, he was supposed to be there an hour ago... wheres the updates? the twitter feed? the live sat broadcast feed?

PEOPLE WANNA KNOW!!!

*a-hem*

sorry, please ignore this rant, and return to your normally scheduled day :')

sloopy.

Huh what? Sorry was playing Space Harrier, did Fibrewire get there yet?

I suspect the "Atari" in the craigslist was thrown in since that was printed on some of the Commodore flippies. HAH. If you are a Commodore lover, then you probably would be dying right now to know... but I do wonder about the lost pile of 1064s. the 1029s.. the oh heck I want an update!!

Edited by kheller2

honestly i do have some C= equipment, but need a floppy drive (a 1571 would be nice next to my C128), or even a 128D...

and if it werent for flippies, i would have not been able to get atari stuff locally...

sloopy.

Bad cellphone service here, but I wanted you guys to know that every prototype and rare item,commodore 64 portables, all kinds of stuff. A real gold mine. And endless boxed software of everything. Wildest dreams have come true!!!

Pics when im done, too much stuff, 250K dollars in retro hardware and software

Bad cellphone service here, but I wanted you guys to know that every prototype and rare item,commodore 64 portables, all kinds of stuff. A real gold mine. And endless boxed software of everything. Wildest dreams have come true!!!

Pics when im done, too much stuff, 250K dollars in retro hardware and software

DO NOT post monetary values, load the DAMN TRUCK (don't forget to close the doors) and GET THE HELL out of there, before someone changes his/her mind... Make sure you EVAPORATE and you are never to be seen again in those parts.

If you need a State Trooper on your way back, just call me... I'will make sure he BRUTALLY confiscates your looting. :D

My 0.02c.

F.