IGNORED

Cleaning out vintage computer storage

phattyboombatty

Bad cellphone service here, but I wanted you guys to know that every prototype and rare item,commodore 64 portables, all kinds of stuff. A real gold mine. And endless boxed software of everything. Wildest dreams have come true!!!

Pics when im done, too much stuff, 250K dollars in retro hardware and software

If anyone got truckloads for free/dirt cheap retro and didn't donate lots of it worldwide for cost that would make them a cunt sorry.

*Sigh*

Only happens in America :(

Don't you worry, me and you will end up finding an 8-bit treasure trove down a slate mine or something. :D

Atari UK had a huge warehouse in Slough, I've seen it I've been in there....it was loaded with Atari stuff from top to bottom.

I've heard that Derek Fern purchased the lot when Atari UK closed its offices, but I never seen him selling all this stuff, only bits advertised in Atari User Page 6. The rest is still out there....somewhere....in a landfill in UK :-)

And you haven't tracked him down and personally checked on the status of this? <sigh>

Gentlemen, I think this and the Florida store closing sale should galvanize us into action!

Detectives, we need to become detectives.

There must be other caches of good stuff out there. We need to find them and share them and keep them out the hands of the eBay gougers.

Bad cellphone service here, but I wanted you guys to know that every prototype and rare item,commodore 64 portables, all kinds of stuff. A real gold mine. And endless boxed software of everything. Wildest dreams have come true!!!

I would have jumped on this, but the wife would have killed me. I already have a room full of Commodore stuff including an Educator64, SX64 and Vic20.

This is Thread is really interesting, sounds like you got some SX64s! Pic Pics Pics I'm dying here!!

Edited by CRTGAMER

If you're feeling generous, I suggest you throw the OP a bone, or at least a cushy discount. :D Glad it's all shiny!

Wow... i think im going to die of the excitement ^_^ i probably wont be able to afford any of the rare stuff (especially with shipping to Australia) but maybe a few drives (or a computer if im adventurous) could be coming my way :) i love 18th birthday money ;)

Ark

I can't believe it. So much stuff that I have developed a strong dislike for vintage equipment. Still have to come back on Monday... I'm sooo tired...

I have some amazing stuff, but after today I will have to take a break from retro anything for a few weeks. Everything will be for sale soon.

This only applies to any other system that's not Atari :)

I can't believe it. So much stuff that I have developed a strong dislike for vintage equipment. Still have to come back on Monday... I'm sooo tired...

I have some amazing stuff, but after today I will have to take a break from retro anything for a few weeks. Everything will be for sale soon.

This only applies to any other system that's not Atari :)

Did you find an Atari XE? I'll pay for the cost of shipping! Let me know!

Almost everything was Commodore, but I did get a trakball, keypad, 1200xl, 1010, and a 1030. Truck was almost too heavy, and I'm staying with my 'boss' in San Diego. Giant 25 bedroom house...

When I go back on Monday, there is approximately 10,000 pieces of software, half of it is in box, and half of that is NIB. I have the flight simulator scenery binder, among MANY other things.

Now, you're going to probably have a lot of people start to fawn all over you just because of your new cache...

Don't fall for any of it. They don't appreciate you for you...

Not that you would fall for it.. I mean, someone of your intelligence; obviously you are above that...

I've always admired that about you...

That and.. Oh.. well, I mean I could go on and on of course.. I mean you know, down deep.. Of course your incredible modesty would keep you from admitting it...

I think that's what I admire most..

That and your generosity of course....

And the fact that you're just such a great guy...

Anyway, just make sure you're cautious of those who would flatter you just for retro-gain...

It's sad really, but some people would do that...

If you need any help in that area (which of course you wouldn't, being you, but) just let me know...

I'm kind of an expert in that area....

desiv

Edited by desiv

Sigh, nothing like this happens around my neck of the woods, all we get as freebies is someone's used mattress (lots of Mandelbrot looking stains on it!, thanks but no!) or various crap.

You know where to get used mattresses??!?! I'm going to buy a plane ticket- meet me at the airport!! :D

Bryan, with the amount of life impregnated in them all you need to do is give them you address, the mattress will make its own way!

And even though most of us are primarily Atari people, a few of us have open minds and, for research purposes only mind you, do mess around with Commodore stuff.

(Mclane, you might want to think of another ploy, don't you have to consummate in order to get half? eewww.)