IGNORED

PayPal Payment Cancellation

Bartsfam

I have searched the HELP and FAQ of Paypal, but I don't see the answer to my exact problem.

I won some controllers on EBay. I paid promptly through PayPal, which took the money out of a checking account.

The seller emailed me and said that they attached a closed PayPal account to the listing, so they wanted me to 'cancel' the payment, and pay through Paypal to another account. I cancelled the first payment, and paid the bill to the other account. I made it as a payment for 'goods', not as a 'gift'.

It has been four business days, and PayPal still has not re-imbursed my money from the cancelled payment. Maybe I am not being patient enough. My question is, does anyone know how long does it take for the money to be returned to my account?

If it was a closed account, why could you paypal to it? Is that normal?

It sounds fishy to me. Did you pay through the ebay system the second time? They could be dodging ebay fees. I strained to think of something more evil that they could be doing, and came up blank.

If it were me, and that little ebay dollar sign next to the item was showing that I had paid, I'd let them sit there and deal with getting me my stuff rather than jump through an extra set of hoops outside of the formal ebay system..

Edited by Reaperman

I believed the seller, because he was 100% with 43 feedbacks. And, when I was new to EBay years ago, I did the same thing once.

When you prepare your listing, it asks where the funds should go to, and you enter your Paypal account email address. On my first listing, I entered an old Paypal address, and the money stayed idle, because the account was closed. I called Paypal, and they transfered the money for me to my proper account.

On my second payment for this item, I couldn't pay through EBay, because the item was still linked to the old, closed PayPal account.

I paid through Paypal, and chose 'goods', so I can still dispute the purchase within 45 days.

I'm just wondering when I'm going to get my first payment back. It was never claimed by the 'buyer.'

It usually take 7 days to get the money back in the situation of sending payment to the wrong account. When you pay to a non existing PayPal account, you are actually paying to an email address. PayPal will hold that open for 30 days unless you cancel like you did, then it takes 7 days to get your money back.

It usually take 7 days to get the money back in the situation of sending payment to the wrong account. When you pay to a non existing PayPal account, you are actually paying to an email address. PayPal will hold that open for 30 days unless you cancel like you did, then it takes 7 days to get your money back.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for, the seven day wait. Funny how long it takes them to transfer it back......