IGNORED

Super Pacman

AtariBrian

Finally played Super Pacman for the first time tonight... third try got 49,500

I want to get this. I have the 5200 repro and that is damn good in its own right. I'm kinda worried about getting all the pac-man games on 7800 because I might end up neglecting my 5200. What a conunmdrum.

I've seen some youtube footage of this 7800 version of super pacman and it seems like the audio isn't quite as good as the 5200 version, does anyone have an opinion of this? It could just be that the youtube vid didn't do the audio justice. Is this 7800 version indeed quite a significant upgrade?

Finally played Super Pacman for the first time tonight... third try got 49,500

I want to get this. I have the 5200 repro and that is damn good in its own right. I'm kinda worried about getting all the pac-man games on 7800 because I might end up neglecting my 5200. What a conunmdrum.

I've seen some youtube footage of this 7800 version of super pacman and it seems like the audio isn't quite as good as the 5200 version, does anyone have an opinion of this? It could just be that the youtube vid didn't do the audio justice. Is this 7800 version indeed quite a significant upgrade?

super pacman for 7800 is very addicting, awesome game. now... my super pacman has a slight tic noise. i guess maybe i need my 7800 modded but i will try it on a different tv first. but my 2 homebrews for the 5200, adventure 2 and koffi have alot of static... looks pretty bad, so i guess i need my 5200 modded to lol. and my homebrews for the 2600 look horrible to lol. but on my 7800 my 2600 homebrews dont look bad. i play all my 2600 homebrews on my modded coleco with the atari module. lol i tell ya...

Edited by AtariBrian

but my 2 homebrews for the 5200, adventure 2 and koffi have alot of static... looks pretty bad, so i guess i need my 5200 modded to lol.

Did you try moving the RF cable around so it doesn't touch the power cable, see if you get any improvement?

i have 3 different 5200s and i will be trying the games on all 3 this weekend sometime. but i think im out of luck unless i get 1 modded. im having similiar problems with all my 2600 homebrews and have tried them on all my ataris and different tv's. all my old atari games look fine though. but on a modded coleco the homebrews look great. if i play the homebrews on my 7800 they look fine. adventure 2 and koffi are great games by the way !

Your CV is modded in what way ? I never heard of someone with these kinds of problems. The only thing I can think of is you are getting too much RF interference. Maybe your selector switch (game/TV) isn't pushed the whole way, or a cable is touching another, or could it be that homebrews don't have the RF shielding that original carts did?

Anyone else have an explanation?

Your CV is modded in what way ? I never heard of someone with these kinds of problems. The only thing I can think of is you are getting too much RF interference. Maybe your selector switch (game/TV) isn't pushed the whole way, or a cable is touching another, or could it be that homebrews don't have the RF shielding that original carts did?

Anyone else have an explanation?

yeah, i was told it has to do with not having rf shielding in homebrews. i use a direct connect to on all my systems. my coleco was modded by yurkie, av mod

Edited by AtariBrian