IGNORED

7800 video problems.... again

birdie3

Ok. I thought I had this problem solved but its back. Everything is fine for a while, the games play fine for a few weeks and then I put in a game that I havent played for a while (2600 Alien) and bang - unstable video with rolling images and perfect audio with every cart (2600 or 7800). This has happened a few times now. Eventually the 7800 will just start to work again with no adjustments or anything. Totally baffling. I am wondering if I need to clean the contacts inside the console. I have opened the unit up before just out of curiosity, but I must say, I dont really know what to do or even worse, where to start with fixing my machine. I need some serious help. This is really starting to tick me off. Does anybody know if my machine is faulty or what??

are you using an old switchbox?

if so try a new rf connector that plugs directly to a 75ohm jack.

do you have any other signals going into your tv (cable satelite, or other game systems)?

Are the same games messing up?

Is it only 2600 games or both 7800 & 2600?

have you tried hooking it up to a different tv?

This usually happens when the cartridge is not inserted all the way tricky on some old 2600 carts that kinda wobble in the 7800 slot.

too many variables to narrow it down.