IGNORED

Craigslist 5200

A_Locomotive

Is this a fair price? Seems kind of high to me, what should I offer him?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/clt/2600100941.html

No. Not at all.

Allan

Didn't think so, it seemed absurdly high. So what would be a fair amount to offer him?

Without pictures and none of the games are rare . . . if the controllers don't work perfectly, I'd offer 50, if the controllers are in great shape . . . $75

No. Not at all.

Allan

Didn't think so, it seemed absurdly high. So what would be a fair amount to offer him?

Without pictures and none of the games are rare . . . if the controllers don't work perfectly, I'd offer 50, if the controllers are in great shape . . . $75

Even that's kind of high. It all depends on the condition. My guess he thinks it's gold and he won't lower the price.

Allan

No. Not at all.

Allan

Even that's kind of high. It all depends on the condition. My guess he thinks it's gold and he won't lower the price.

Allan

If its in good shape with all the original boxes and everything I think my prices are accurate. More than likely he did an eBay search and saw the 5200s on eBay and thought he had gold, but doesn't realize those units NEVER sell.

Im gonna be selling my atari 5200 soon, with a whole bunch of games. 007,kangaroo,star trek,mario bros,wizard of wor,buck rogers,berzerk,dreadnaught factor,centipede,frogger, qbert, kaboom,space shuttle,joust,galaxian,jungle hunt,congo bongo,ms, pacman, pacman,and other sports games and a few others and every game has the instruction manual and maybe 1 trac ball for games like centipede... it will be a nice lot... not sure on price and all that yet. anyone interested? The controllers however are always an issue with anyones 5200. go with the gold kit from best electronics.

It's $150 OBO on Craigslist. It's not like AA where everybody knows whats what, who knows if he's a grampa or something or someone who just had it in the basement and has no idea of the market value. Relax and take them up on the OBO deal and offer them whatever it is you think is a fair price $20 or so and if they say no then educate them on why they are so wrong.

Im gonna be selling my atari 5200 soon, with a whole bunch of games. 007,kangaroo,star trek,mario bros,wizard of wor,buck rogers,berzerk,dreadnaught factor,centipede,frogger, qbert, kaboom,space shuttle,joust,galaxian,jungle hunt,congo bongo,ms, pacman, pacman,and other sports games and a few others and every game has the instruction manual and maybe 1 trac ball for games like centipede... it will be a nice lot... not sure on price and all that yet. anyone interested? The controllers however are always an issue with anyones 5200. go with the gold kit from best electronics.

this isnt the whole lot im gonna sell, but here is some of it

this isnt the whole lot im gonna sell, but here is some of it

post-30396-0-22021800-1316144972_thumb.jpg

post-30396-0-35644000-1316145017_thumb.jpg

post-30396-0-27835200-1316145044_thumb.jpg

post-30396-0-27318700-1316145071_thumb.jpg

post-30396-0-51569200-1316145121_thumb.jpg

post-30396-0-58028800-1316145153_thumb.jpg

He got back to me, it was in ok condition, offered him $30, he didn't bite but went down in price significantly, sent him back a text saying sorry not interested in it for that and good luck with the sale. Hoping he'll change his mind if he sees me walk away, if not no biggie, I'm not desperate to get one, it would just be a fun addition. :P

update

I suspect he will bite at $30. He at first seemed kind of pissed saying everyone else he has talked to has said they could get one cheaper elsewhere(gee I wonder why, lol), I then explained why his price checking on ebay and amazon wasn't accurate and how to best do it(watching actual people bid). Again I told him thanks but no thanks and good luck with the sale. He responded with let me think about it, which I take as a good sign, if not again no biggie. :P

Edited by A_Locomotive

Price is subjective as is ones perception of condition. That holds true for anything perceived as collectible.

I see unboxed 2 port consoles with games listed on craigslist for $200+ all of the time.

Then again, There are the $25-55 4 port listings too. You have to find the right guy at the right time for a deal.

Comes down to how bad you want something, how clean it is , and if you trust the seller...

I'll buy non working systems just to get the couple clean boxed games, or boxed controllers that come along with, as one can always use spare parts.

In many eyes, I probably paid far to much for my unboxed 4 port, BUT it was like new, NOT a scratch ! with matching # original controllers, needed minor calibration and came with a boat load of nice and in some cases very rare games... I know had I bought everything off of ebay separately, I'd have paid double +.

So it really comes down to what something is worth to YOU and how tired of looking you are... What I find expensive , another my readily open his pocket book for and vice versa .

What we think is moot as long as you are happy. :)