IGNORED

Whats a fair price for an Atari 7800 system? Really want one now . . .

disjaukifa

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about getting an Atari 7800 for a while now and I just saw something on eBay that makes me really want one now. Going back to around 1992 ~ 1993, I got my first computer, it was used and old at the time, it as an Apple II, don't remember the model number but I got really addicted to a game on it, called Impossible Mission II. For whatever reason I feel in love with that game, years later I got Impossible Mission II for my NES, but I didn't really like the NES so I sold it.

Fast forward to today, I still keep that one game in the back of my mind, it was simple and the premise for the game was fantastic, so I'm searching eBay too figure out prices on 7800s and I see something that makes me jump, Impossible Mission for the Atari 7800!!!!

So what would be considered a fair price for 7800 system with all hook-ups? Also I know the Joypads are difficult to come by in the US, so can someone recommend a good European website to order them from?

Thanks

Edited by disjaukifa

Based on my time on eBay over the past few months, 7800s are plentiful and should be relatively inexpensive. I've purchased two during that span. The first one was $45 CIB before shipping, but the controllers were busted; everything else was new. The second one was used and loose but came with a ton of boxed games (including Xenophobe), and I got that one for about $58 before shipping. As with everything else, it pays to be patient. They show up all the time. It's usually a bonus if you can get two Proline controllers, but you should get at least one for those two-button games. I think the 1984 model is more collectible if you can get it CIB (I passed on one of these for a $35 BIN just because I had bought too many 7800s). I'd want the item to be tested unless it's a killer BIN deal. If you want an immediate collection, 7800s often come with lots of boxed games, most of which should be cheap. For the commons, I'd add about $2-$3 for each CIB game to the total price.

Edited by boxpressed

You're aware that the NTSC version of impossible mission for 7800 is impossible, right? Can't be finished due to a bug.

Yes but the game was patched and I can get Albert to make me cartridge with the fixed game :D. Also it appears the PAL version of the game is beatable as well.

Edited by disjaukifa

Forgot about how 2600 games get mixed in with the 7800 listings. It's very common to see a lot consisting of a 7800 and "30 games." The 30 games often turn out to be 29 2600 commons and Pole Position II.

Yeah I'm noticing that :sad:. I'm actually looking in our own marketplace at the moment for a 7800 to see what I can come up with.

Yeah the pads are whats proving to be the most challenging thing to find . . I can find them in Europe all the time, just not the US.

You may want to get in touch with the golden ax he may have some solutions for you :)

You know thats a wonderful idea and I'm waiting to for him to ship some stuff to me anyway! I think I'll hit him up now!

Yeah the pads are whats proving to be the most challenging thing to find . . I can find them in Europe all the time, just not the US.

You may want to get in touch with the golden ax he may have some solutions for you :)

Well I took your advice, asked Ax about the 7800 in general and he's hooking me up with a good deal, and I know anything I get from him is going to be golden! No pun intended. So now I have a 5200 and 7800 coming in the mail from Ax! He also had a copy of Impossible Mission that he threw in for me as well!

I'll post pictures when it comes!

Thanks

This is a little off topic but I thought it might be something you would be interested in.

ds-im.jpg?w=450&h=403

Actually I just saw that it came out for the Wii and the DS. Thinking about going to see if I can find it used and trying it for my Wii. I'm tired of trying to stare at a small screen . . . just about given up on all handhelds.

• 5 weeks later...