IGNORED

Wico Joystick with Stock 5200 Controller Problems

ferghead

I am going through my 5200 collection to test it out, it's been awhile. I expected the stock controllers not to work, and so far they haven't disappointed me. I have 4 of the Wico controllers with the Y cable, and on a few of them, certain directions will not work for certain games (I am using the stock controllers with the Wico sticks; I don't have a Wico keypad or a Masterplay Interface, sadly). I played Pole Position without any problems. Then I played Pitfall 2 and all four directions were fine. I put in Bounty Bob after that, and I could only go left and jump. This was true for 2 of the Wico sticks. Are they not compatible with all games? I don't remember that being the case back when I was playing it regularly. I just don't understand why all 4 directions would work on one cart and then not on the next one. Thanks for any help. :)

Edited by ferghead

Easiest way to calibrate it , is with missile command. a bit of playing around, but it goes fast once you know what you are looking at and for.

I personally never cared for the Wico controllers for 5200, pointy stick, buttons are on the wrong side for a lefty and unlatched the stick is so sloppy... I have one for 5200 which I never use, and a new in the box one for IBM compatibles which nobody seems to want .

I vastly prefer the competition pro sticks over the Wico... BIG buttons both sides which in my case being left handed I easily swapped 2 wires to properly have the fire button on the right side. the nice thing is the Y cable is built in so you can still use the factory cx52 keypad... This controller is a must for pacman & platform games.