IGNORED

www.atari7800.com domain for sale

GroovyBee

Yep, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole considering what Atari is doing right now.

You'd have to really like the 7800 to want to own the domain name at that price. Plus Atari are C&D trigger happy at the moment which counts against it.

Is AtariAge going to be in the crosshairs someday?

What happen??? They were making some pretty good videos on YouTube... Did Atari do something for this to happen?

What happen??? They were making some pretty good videos on YouTube... Did Atari do something for this to happen?

Atari has sent cease and desist letters to several website owners that have either had Atari products in the name of the website or other things Atari claimed were infringing on their trademarks/copyrights.

http://www.atariage....om-atari-today/

They backed off on the person who started the thread above but I don't think they've backed off with another person who has an atari product as the name of his website.

I doubt it because the domain name is not a product of Atari. AtariAge use to be a magazine in the 80's. With Atari7800.com that's named after a licensed product from Atari where as AtariAge is not.

Not the case. AtariAge was a publication of Atari Clubs Inc., which itself was started by Atari as well. So yes, it's a product of Atari as well.

Buit no, I don't believe Al has anything to worry about. Going after this site would be the most boneheaded thing they could ever do to already pissed off fans.

• Like 1

I doubt it because the domain name is not a product of Atari. AtariAge use to be a magazine in the 80's. With Atari7800.com that's named after a licensed product from Atari where as AtariAge is not.

Not the case. AtariAge was a publication of Atari Clubs Inc., which itself was started by Atari as well. So yes, it's a product of Atari as well.

Buit no, I don't believe Al has anything to worry about. Going after this site would be the most boneheaded thing they could ever do to already pissed off fans.

Boneheaded, yes, but do you think they'd really care? Their market is new gaming, not the old stuff.

I still don't understand why they would want to go after so many supporting sites anyway. I mean, most of these sites are not trying to make money off the Atari name. The sites are just free advertisement, and a place for like-minded fans to congregate.

Going after this site would be the latest most boneheaded thing they could ever do to already pissed off fans.

I agree that this site represents no threat. However, recent historical evidence demonstrates a high correlation between boneheadedness and policy. Site could continue under a different banner, and every user here could community-organize a massive boycott in retaliation, and perhaps our friends over at atari-forum could help out across the Pacific. There should be a boycott, already.

Going after this site would be the latest most boneheaded thing they could ever do to already pissed off fans.

I agree that this site represents no threat. However, recent historical evidence demonstrates a high correlation between boneheadedness and policy. Site could continue under a different banner, and every user here could community-organize a massive boycott in retaliation, and perhaps our friends over at atari-forum could help out across the Pacific. There should be a boycott, already.

This people obviously didn't learn from Hasbro's mistakes... It would be like history repeating itself.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1807293075271?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180729307527&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is Atari Joe calling it a day?

He should just rename it "7800GameConsole.com" or something. I wouldn't want to give up a perfectly good website for nothing, but then again the threat of legal action would be more then enough for some people to throw in the towel. :ahoy::music:

Well I'm worried when I see the new owners of Atari doing this, because if you guys remember, Infogrames already went after AtariAge back in 2004 or so and basically raped the AA store on what it can advertise for sale. I wouldn't put it past these corporate types to try and screw us over even more.

What did the store use to sell that they demanded be taken down?

Edited by A_Locomotive

Well I'm worried when I see the new owners of Atari doing this, because if you guys remember, Infogrames already went after AtariAge back in 2004 or so and basically raped the AA store on what it can advertise for sale. I wouldn't put it past these corporate types to try and screw us over even more.

Reproduction prototypes IIRC. There were quite a few of them, and the AA store didn't look so bare back then because of them.

Reproduction prototypes IIRC. There were quite a few of them, and the AA store didn't look so bare back then because of them.

Whoah, that was in no way raping AA, and that's a far cry from going after fans for a website name. Reproducing someone else's property for sale is clearly illegal, and that would also include hacks. The code and audio visuals are still owned by the current Atari and still protected under copyright laws. That's why some of the releases that CGE has done (Combat II) were also illegal. If you own a proto, you own that physical cartridge. You do not own the game code in the cartridge itself, nor do you have the right to reproduce it for sale. Either way it was resolved and Al pulled a number of items as well as roms from the site including Combat II and Saboteur - both of which were going to be appearing commercially on the Flashback 2.