IGNORED

Time PayPal needs to resolve a case

Andre81

I noticed lately that, when you open a case, PayPal takes the funds from the seller and then does nothing for weeks and months. PayPal now allows themself 3 weeks for a decision but after 3 weeks I just get an email "we are sorry, we need longer". Last time it took them 3 months (!) to refund my payment.

So it seems to me it is now policy at PayPal to just keep the money for as long as possible.

I wouldn't doubt that they are holding it in an interest-bearing account for as long as possible. I know that sounds crazy, but financial institutions do it frequently. And, if they do that to enough people, it would add up over time.

This happened to us, though in a different arena, when we refinanced our home. Our previous mortgage company owed us for a payment that occurred right when the refi occurred, plus unused escrow. They held it for a couple of weeks, despite my calling to check on it, as the closing attorney advised me that they would do.