IGNORED

Just picked up Scrapyard Dog sealed CIB for 13.00 shipped...

Lastcallhall

Yeah man, that sounds like a nice deal even if it was just CIB. But, sealed is an even better deal. Congrats on that find, was this the one?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1406088647611?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140608864761&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm in a hard spot with my 7800 collecting because I have almost all of the carts and instructions so it's hard to find people selling boxes only. I usually have to re-buy the game CIB and then resell the cart and instructions. I currently have 26 CIB 7800 games but not all individual titles, I have both versions of Ballblazer CIB and both Realsports Baseball's CIB so I really only have 24 different titles.

I actually made my Scrapyard Dog CIB by getting a box only from one of Chris Leach's sale threads, I think it was around 4 to 5 bucks shipped. It's really hard to find the boxes in really nice shape, they always seem to have some crushing.

Scrapyard Dog is only rated a 3 but it's still pretty hard to find, just like Midnight Mutants....that one is a 3 too but not only is it hard to find but popular and demands a premium on ebay. I think a CIB one sold recently for just over 40 bucks. These two games are the same rarity as Super Huey and they are new and sealed all over the place....I personally have a bunch of them new and sealed along with a good amount of Fight Night's.

I don't think the 2600 and 7800 AA rarity guide are comparable. Scrapyard Dog is a perfect example, it's only a rarity 3 but doesn't show up that often. However, 2600 rarity 3's are all over the place. Anyway, back to your find...here is the only one on ebay at all and it's sealed for $47 or best offer:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504465879381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350446587938&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] - Rarity 3 but only one on ebay? I think the rarity is off on this one.

Enjoy the game bro, I hope it arrives in nice shape without any creases or crushing.

There was a BIN Scrapyard Dog that I passed on for about $10 shipped about a month ago. I'm pretty sure it was NIB. Same seller was selling a Meltdown, I think, for $9 shipped. Great deals, but if I bought them, I knew I would be closer to committing to collecting for the 7800. I'm on the fence now between working on the collection or selling off all but my favorite games. Leaning toward the latter.

Yeah man, that sounds like a nice deal even if it was just CIB. But, sealed is an even better deal. Congrats on that find, was this the one? eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1406088647611?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140608864761&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] I'm in a hard spot with my 7800 collecting because I have almost all of the carts and instructions so it's hard to find people selling boxes only. I usually have to re-buy the game CIB and then resell the cart and instructions. I currently have 26 CIB 7800 games but not all individual titles, I have both versions of Ballblazer CIB and both Realsports Baseball's CIB so I really only have 24 different titles. I actually made my Scrapyard Dog CIB by getting a box only from one of Chris Leach's sale threads, I think it was around 4 to 5 bucks shipped. It's really hard to find the boxes in really nice shape, they always seem to have some crushing. Scrapyard Dog is only rated a 3 but it's still pretty hard to find, just like Midnight Mutants....that one is a 3 too but not only is it hard to find but popular and demands a premium on ebay. I think a CIB one sold recently for just over 40 bucks. These two games are the same rarity as Super Huey and they are new and sealed all over the place....I personally have a bunch of them new and sealed along with a good amount of Fight Night's. I don't think the 2600 and 7800 AA rarity guide are comparable. Scrapyard Dog is a perfect example, it's only a rarity 3 but doesn't show up that often. However, 2600 rarity 3's are all over the place. Anyway, back to your find...here is the only one on ebay at all and it's sealed for $47 or best offer: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504465879381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350446587938&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] - Rarity 3 but only one on ebay? I think the rarity is off on this one. Enjoy the game bro, I hope it arrives in nice shape without any creases or crushing.

Yeah, that was the one. :) I didn't expect it to go for that little, honestly. I just got lucky.

Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback - I'm waiting for this puppy (no pun intended) to arrive in the mail and give it a go. Hopefully over the weekend.

This brings my game total to around 20 7800 games. Yeah, I'm collecting... :)

There was a BIN Scrapyard Dog that I passed on for about $10 shipped about a month ago. I'm pretty sure it was NIB. Same seller was selling a Meltdown, I think, for $9 shipped. Great deals, but if I bought them, I knew I would be closer to committing to collecting for the 7800. I'm on the fence now between working on the collection or selling off all but my favorite games. Leaning toward the latter.

Not to get too far off topic here, but I would recommend collecting just your favorite games. I may be wrong on this, but it seems that collecting _everything_ for any system (even the 7800 and 5200 with their semi small libraries) would be more work than enjoyment. I personally don't want to have to collect games I don't care about just because they're part of a collection. I've been much happier since I started to collect just games that I either want to play and/or think are really cool for some reason. But that's just my $0.02.

I agree. Passing on that game was an important moment because I knew I'd probably never play it. I'd started a thread on collecting plans a while ago, and mine is coming more into focus. I figure that most common games will stay common for the forseeable future, so I'm going to target only rarities rather than everything made for a system.

I was going to bid on the one that just ended on ebay for $10 and then promptly forgot about it, so another one lost, i would gladly pay $20 for a very fine to near mint or better CIB of this game, getting tired of forgetting to bid on auctions. and the few that do turn up on ebay with buy it now are way over priced.

I was going to bid on the one that just ended on ebay for $10 and then promptly forgot about it, so another one lost, i would gladly pay $20 for a very fine to near mint or better CIB of this game, getting tired of forgetting to bid on auctions. and the few that do turn up on ebay with buy it now are way over priced.

You should do ensipe, then it wouldn't matter if you forget. ensipe remembers for you and it's a great service, I've been using it for years.