IGNORED

repair kit for a CX10 joystick?

nathanallan

I lucked out on a trade (so this is also kind of a haul) and there is one CX10 joystick here, that won't go down or fire.

I can't remember if the repair kit for the later sticks will work for this one, or does it need its own special kit? I'd love to get this thing on the road.

It got took apart, so I am sure it's a CX10 and not a later one, microswitches make a loud click and everything.

That much is similar, I took it apart and the dome switches are in there, they all seem okay but the cable has a broken little clasp on it. I was moving them around to break any oxidiation and it snapped while I was moving it.

Down and Right don't click when I go that way, and the button doesn't have a snap to it, either, so some new domes might be in order, as well as a new cable from Best if they have it. Brad answered me, telling me that Atari dropped the design since they had so much trouble with it. I'll still fix it, even if it stays a mantle piece.

Yep, new cable to start from Best. Then domes (preferably at the same time).