IGNORED

Puzzy Seamonster on Ebay

cecilbug

I'm gonna try the hair dryer technique this weekend. I hope it works out. Otherwise, I might try an art restoration company and see if it could be fixed at a reasonable price. We shall see.

Either way, I am not disappointed with the purchase... even a loose copy is very hard to come by these days and fetches roughly the same price. Plus, it came with those other rarities....Pac Man and Asteroids :rolling: .

Is the glue still sticky, or is it dry?

Is it thick, or thin like paper glue?

It's dry and thin. it seems like the box layers are fused together pretty darned good. On the upside, the side someone tried to pry away already seems as though the graphic from Asteroids was ripped off and is still fastened to the front of seamonster. There is still some hope!

Is the glue still sticky, or is it dry?

Is it thick, or thin like paper glue?

It's dry and thin. it seems like the box layers are fused together pretty darned good. On the upside, the side someone tried to pry away already seems as though the graphic from Asteroids was ripped off and is still fastened to the front of seamonster. There is still some hope!

That all sounds pretty promising.

You could take it to a paper conservator - but their price might outweigh the value of the box.

A hairdrier won't help you out here as the glue is hard and thin. Heat only really helps by softening sticky glues enough so that you can pry the boxes apart. A sticky glue residue would require some hardcore chemical treatment to remove it from the face of the box, whereas here it sounds like you are dealing with a water based glue - which is totally removable with water.

If you could get hold of some thick 'blotter' paper, there is a good chance you could treat it yourself.

Could you post some close up shots of the glued areas and torn section.

(you could just sell me the box for $30! ;) )