IGNORED

To those who collect for 7800...

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I'm just curious if those who are collectors of the 7800 keep the games in the boxes? Personally, I display my boxes and carts seperately. I feel like keeping the game in the box puts unneccessary stress on the box. Also, to those that don't collect boxes or who keep the boxes and carts seperately, do you keep the game in some sort of plastic bag to keep the dust out? I buy 4 inch X 5 inch poly bags to keep the carts in and they work really well. I guess it's not the most convenient when I want to play one of them but feel that it's worth it to keep the games in perfect condition.

Thanks for any thoughts and replies!

i'm a bit early on in my collecting for 7800 and 2600....but typically, I look to get the cart and the manual. The box isn't all that necesary to me and tends to slow me down. I will say that I have some games with boxes, and I generally just keep them separate with the matching manual in them. All my carts are in a separate plastic bin organized by mfgr. I think have a bundle of manuals kept off to the side..

I have all except one in the box, and I just keep them in there, with the manuals. I haven't really played it much yet, despite the fact that I've had it since 1996. My game room is undergoing an upheaval right now, and when the dust settles, I will have less stuff and more desire to play. At that point I will probably put my favorites into one of the 2600 game holders on the wall next to the entertainment center. As the years go by, it seems to get harder and harder to open those boxes without bending the flaps. :(

I have all except one in the box, and I just keep them in there, with the manuals. I haven't really played it much yet, despite the fact that I've had it since 1996. My game room is undergoing an upheaval right now, and when the dust settles, I will have less stuff and more desire to play. At that point I will probably put my favorites into one of the 2600 game holders on the wall next to the entertainment center. As the years go by, it seems to get harder and harder to open those boxes without bending the flaps. :(

That's always my worry...wearing out the boxes. i hate working the boxes over to get to the game.

In a perfect world, I'd have a stock pile of these:

post-29832-0-09848900-1318010657_thumb.jpeg

Keep my games organized in those and on a shelf...then have the empty boxes lined up as well..

Looks like I'm the only one that keeps the individual carts in poly bags. I do it this way so I can still proudly display them on my game hutch and be able to get to them if I want to play one. Plus, there are games that I never or rarely play so those just stay sealed up in the little bags. The plastic bins are a really good idea and I'm sure they work out great but I like to see my games and have them on display for all to see.

Like others were mentioning, it is unneccasary wear to the box when you have to open it up to get to the game you want to play. I think keeping carts and boxes seperate is the way to go, no matter how you go about doing it.