IGNORED

Sharing additional information about auctions

boxpressed

I'm starting this thread in hopes that it will be a resource for those of us who buy a lot on eBay. There will always be those auctions that we want to keep to ourselves, but this thread is for those auctions that we may have no intention of bidding on because we've learned additional information about the item from the seller. Or, perhaps, without even contacting the seller, we see something in the listing/photo that should cause someone to think twice about bidding.

I'll start us off with an Astrocade listing: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1807379356121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180737935612&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Looks okay, with original box and manual. I wrote to the seller, asking if the item had been tested. Here's what I learned:

"It has all components and controllers work but sometime we would see lines come on the screen.

Thats why were are doing as is we dont know why this happens sometimes then it goes away."

So maybe Astrocade experts know what is going on here, but as a noob myself, I'd recommend that other noobs looking for a working Astrocade stay away from this auction.

Edited by boxpressed

• 1 month later...