IGNORED

best demos?

eegad

Hardly a surprise although sometimes judges can be er 'quirky' with their choices.

I'm still stunned he or she is asking for cash, ok you can still download it for free but the content hardly screams stunning coding as it stands, they are like the mad offerings of an insane dyslexic coder..

(No offence meant to dyslexic people)

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hardly a surprise although sometimes judges can be er 'quirky' with their choices.

Yeah, but thankfully not that quirky to date! He might've won something if it was a smaller party and everything else was party-coded or a fake release and he's a Jack of all trades as regards platforms so that's a lot of range for places to release... it might happen at some point.

I'm still stunned he or she is asking for cash, ok you can still download it for free but the content hardly screams stunning coding as it stands, they are like the mad offerings of an insane dyslexic coder..

Well it's not much different to having a Paypal "begging bowl" on the site like some demo crews do for viewers to show their appreciation as such (i've got a couple of those but they've yet to make me a single penny - nobody loves me! [sob!]) but i agree it's taking things a lot further asking people to add specific demos to a shopping basket!

Begging bowls I don't mind, if you like the coders then why not slip them a few whatever's if you want to.

Many coders deserve something back for the time and excellence they use for our pleasure, people like Avery, Toni Wilen, Sheddy and many on here inc yourself put so much effort into their items it seems a shame that they don't get something back.

• 1 year later...

I thought I'd resurrect this old thread.

The "Robot" demo is the reason I bought an Atari 800XL. During the 80's I was a member of a local computer club. At the time I owned an Oric-1, but I was looking to upgrade. The club membership was evenly split between Atari and C64 owners, and the robot demo clinched it for me. That and the C64's disk drive was as slow as continental drift. :-D

• 9 years later...