IGNORED

Making a vanity label for a 7800\nespad mod...

gorfcadet

Any suggestions? I'm working on a design to send to Axe for a 7800 nes pad for the vanity label. Currently no die is available so it will be standard grey. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. I want it to look traditional and I keep going back and forth on the layout. I'm really worried about it looking to sparse vs too busy. The dpad and buttons are just there for place holder so I wouldn't clip into it by mistake.

Feedback is welcome... maybe color palette change or a simple graphic? I'm stuck.

post-30305-0-33279800-1320621048_thumb.jpg

Needs some flare! Looks too generic, Im not feeling the lay out as so. Needs a pattern Black / Dark Grey stripes? To much info on front? Needs rainbow! Does not feel the part. It looks like a china replacement.

Look at some old controllers for some inspiration. Think 80's :D

I know how you can get stuck onthis stuff..happens to me all the time. It seems the more dramatic I go the better it looks...sometimes.

Go wild have fun, you never know what you can come up with.

Good luck, cool project.

I hadn't thought about incorporating the rainbow... I'll give that a go in the morning... I left the macbook's charger at work. I want it to pop, but not do anything to game specific. I do need to pull some text. I wasted a good part of the afternoon on the idea of including the orange joystick dashes, but pulled it out.