IGNORED

Sega Master System game pad controller

walter_J64bit

There are instructions to convert a Genesis controller to 7800 specs in the 2600 FAQ. I don't think I've ever seen one for SMS to 7800 though. It would be pretty easy to do, there are only a couple of pins different. The only problem is that the SMS controller doesn't have all of the pins wired so you would need to find a replacement cable first.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

Mitch

The only problem is that the SMS controller doesn't have all of the  

pins wired so you would need to find a replacement cable first

Use the cable from the 7800 stick :D

King Atari

You could always just head to ebay and get a Euro gamepad..

They are getting hardder to get hold of and high dollar! SMS gamepad are all over the place and for less money!

I have two joypads which I received from best-electrioncs-ca.com about a month ago. They really are the "best". I paid $15 (US) a piece for them, which actually turns out to be a good price considering everywhere I checked. Best also sells a SEGA cable converter so you can use all of your SEGA controllerson the 7800. I'd get that if you want something to allow you to use the SMS gun.

is the Australian SMS controller different somehow? It always seemed like

the most illconceived, terrible controler ever made *yuk*

not worth the effort.

I'd rather convert a NES or Genisis controller (The Genisis having the best D pad ever made IMHO ;) )

[edit] I mean the 6 button genisis pad, the 3 button one sticks to much for me :D

Hang on look at this might be what im looking for :D

Best Electronics Exclusive Product Do you own an Atari Jaguar System? Are you one of those Atari Collectors that also owns an Atari 2600 / 400 / 800 / 600XL / 800XL / 1200XL / 520ST / 520STFM / 1040ST / 1040STE / Mega / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Atari products? Or are you an Atari 2600 / 400 / 800 / 600XL / 800XL / 1200XL / 520ST / 520STFM / 1040ST / 1040STE / Mega / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Owners who is looking for a New or Different type of Joystick / Controller for your Atari system? Are you in Luck! Best Electronics has made a Custom Designed Adapter Cable with all of the Interface Electronics molded into one Complete Self Contained Adapter cable which will Allow you to use the New State of the Art Jaguar Power Pad or Jaguar Pro Controllers on the Atari 2600 / 400 / 800 / 600XL / 800XL / 1200XL / 520ST / 520STFM / 1040ST / 1040STE / Mega / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Atari products! Although the Atari Jaguar Power Pad and Pro Controllers have multiple Control and Fire buttons, with this Best Adapter cable you will get the following functions Only: 8 Way Joypad functions, and “A” Fire button Only and on ST / STE / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Computers also the “B” Fire Button, Equivalent to Right Mouse button. This Best Adapter cable will also work on the Atari 7800s playing 2600 games cartridges. It WILL work with some (but not all) 7800 game cartridges on the 7800 system! 12 inch Adapter cable DB-9F to HD15F

I have 4 or 5 the J64 game pad kicking around here :D now what games dont work that the next thing?

Hang on look at this might be what im looking for :D  

Best Electronics Exclusive Product Do you own an Atari Jaguar System? Are you one of those Atari Collectors that also owns an Atari 2600 / 400 / 800 / 600XL / 800XL / 1200XL / 520ST / 520STFM / 1040ST / 1040STE / Mega / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Atari products? Or are you an Atari 2600 / 400 / 800 / 600XL / 800XL / 1200XL / 520ST / 520STFM / 1040ST / 1040STE / Mega / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Owners who is looking for a New or Different type of Joystick / Controller for your Atari system? Are you in Luck! Best Electronics has made a Custom Designed Adapter Cable with all of the Interface Electronics molded into one Complete Self Contained Adapter cable which will Allow you to use the New State of the Art Jaguar Power Pad or Jaguar Pro Controllers on the Atari 2600 / 400 / 800 / 600XL / 800XL / 1200XL / 520ST / 520STFM / 1040ST / 1040STE / Mega / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Atari products! Although the Atari Jaguar Power Pad and Pro Controllers have multiple Control and Fire buttons, with this Best Adapter cable you will get the following functions Only: 8 Way Joypad functions, and “A” Fire button Only and on ST / STE / MegaSTE / TT / Falcon Computers also the “B” Fire Button, Equivalent to Right Mouse button. This Best Adapter cable will also work on the Atari 7800s playing 2600 games cartridges. It WILL work with some (but not all) 7800 game cartridges on the 7800 system! 12 inch Adapter cable DB-9F to HD15F

I have 4 or 5 the J64 game pad kicking around here :D now what games dont work that the next thing?

All of the games that require both buttons. The cable makes the Jag controller 2600 compatible. Here is a list of 7800 games noting which require both buttons.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org