IGNORED

5200 games

metzger130

I was wondering where all of you get your 5200 games? Do you just find them on Ebay or where do you find them? Unfortunately the only place I have found locally that carries games for atari only has atari 2600 games, I have not found any 5200 games there and maybe one or 2 7800 games.

I'm just trying to figure out where I can get them since I now have a 5200 and 2 working controllers and want to find the games to play.

Thanks

Ok, I see places that are mentioned, I guess I'm wondering how many people have ordered from these places and are they happy with the price and product they get from it. Since I will be ordering multiple games, since I have 6 total right now, I want to make sure whomever I order from I get good quality for a good price.

I was lucky enough to amass a pretty large collection back in the days of the SNES. 1 store in Orlando had several lab loaners and tooth protectors for 99 cents each. I picked up a massive lot of stuff for 60.00 including the 4 lab loaners and tooth protectors which I later sold for 100 dollars. Got a bunch of 7800 stuff too. Those days long gone. Thanks internet and ebay. :_(

It doesn't help that the 5200 and 7800 weren't out real long too. You can find 2600 games in many locations, but since the 5200 and 7800 were not out long and not many people owned them, I didn't even know of the 7800 til many years later and the only reason I knew of the 5200 was a friend had it, that the carts are now hard to find in local areas. I am thankful for the internet in that I will be able to find the games I want for both those systems much easier.

don't forget to check out your local Craigslist.. I have built most of my collection this way by getting some nice lots... however, you may end up with extra consoles! I currently have four consoles! (three 2-ports - one not working, and a 4-port - which I had to get the switchbox in another lot!) I'll admit I had some luck getting a massive lot for $160 which included many games and accessories…

edit:

as well as getting extra consoles, 5200 lots usually seem to have an excess of controllers, and you can never have enough 5200 controllers! I have been able to assemble several perfectly working controllers this way!

Edited by Sonic R