IGNORED

Tower Toppler Label Variation

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Hey guys! I just received a Tower Toppler in the mail today which I bought for the box only so the cart was a duplicate....or so I thought. I just realized that Tower Toppler has a variation. The one I had came with the "7800" in Red Letters on the top, main label and "Tower Toppler" also in Red Letters on the end label. But, I just received one today that has Black Letters for the "7800" on the top, main label and "Tower Toppler" also in Black Letters on the end label. I had no idea about this variation and don't know which is harder to find or if they are about equal. I think the black lettering may be harder to find than the red letters but I'm not sure. The only other difference I can see is that the printing for the black lettering version isn't as vibrant and one is "Made In China" while the other is "Printed in Taiwan".

I'm an avid 7800 collector and am really into variations for this system and the 2600 for that matter. Anyway, I thought I would point it out in case someone else collects for the 7800 and is into variations as well. The only difference I notice is in the lower left corner of the top label:

RED LETTERING = Made in China

BLACK LETTERING = Printed in Taiwan

I have pictured the two different carts:

post-4103-0-51502700-1321347460_thumb.jpg post-4103-0-21600700-1321347465_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari
  • Like 1

Interesting, I'll have to check and see if I have both variations now.

Mitch

Yeah, I thought it was a pretty cool find. Let us know if you do have both, but if not, which one do you have? I'm trying to figure out which one is harder to find, or maybe they are about equal. I still think the black lettering one is more rare but don't know.

Does anyone else have both? Or, which do you have in your collection? Thanks for any thoughts.

Jeremy

STMOA

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an avid 7800 collector and am really into variations for this system and the 2600 for that matter. Anyway, I thought I would point it out in case someone else collects for the 7800 and is into variations as well. The only difference I notice is in the lower left corner of the top label:

RED LETTERING = Made in China

BLACK LETTERING = Printed in Taiwan

I sure do have it backwards, good eye! I can't edit the first post anymore but it should be:

RED LETTERING = Printed in Taiwan

BLACK LETTERING = Made in China

Sorry about that!