IGNORED

Stories of auctions that seller did not honor

boxpressed

I think we've all won those auctions that seemed too good to be true -- and they were. What are your stories of auctions that sellers did not honor, whether the ending price was too low or for some other reason. I'd had a few end this way, but the last one was particularly annoying.

Here's the link: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306293676971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330629367697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A classic case of seller's remorse. A BIN auction: 30 8-bit carts for $100 shipped. Some very rare ones in there, including two Romox titles and then some better ones like Gridrunner and Basic XL. The seller refunds my money and says that upon testing the carts, some were found not to be working. He says that in good conscience, he cannot complete the auction. I reply, telling him that I'll take them as-is. He still wouldn't do it. I don't know if someone made a side deal with him or if he plans to relist them (he said he would relist at some point with the working ones -- this hasn't happened). I neg'ed him and will report him to eBay Trust & Safety as a "non-selling seller," but there's not much else a buyer can do. His username is traderjoeonline. If any of you are looking for Romox carts, feel free to contact him -- I'd just love to know if he would sell them to you and what he would be asking.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeffrey Drost (buttcrackplumber@gmail.com) aka butcrackplumber on eBay is one of those sellers who has now repeatedly not honored auctions.

First time I've won Q*bert, Pinball and Triple Action for the Intellivision and never got them. Finally got an refund by PayPal.

This time I've won Donkey Kong Jr. and again I've to get my money back through PayPal. Left him negative feedback this time.

Others on AA were also waiting for items from him, not sure if they ever got them.

Jeffrey Drost aka butcrackplumber :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I think he should also be put on the scammer list. Someone who takes the money but never ships the item is a scammer in my eyes.

With a seller name like buttcrack plumber,I suspect there is a logical reason for that!

I have also dealt with this seller

Tries to play both sides against the middle

20 days after the auction I've left him negative feedback and opened a case, just got a message from him.

"dont bid on my item anymore. i will issue you a refund for this game. now piss off!!"

Jeffrey Drost (buttcrackplumber@gmail.com) aka butcrackplumber on eBay is one of those sellers who has now repeatedly not honored auctions.

First time I've won Q*bert, Pinball and Triple Action for the Intellivision and never got them. Finally got an refund by PayPal.

This time I've won Donkey Kong Jr. and again I've to get my money back through PayPal. Left him negative feedback this time.

Others on AA were also waiting for items from him, not sure if they ever got them.

I think he should also be put on the scammer list. Someone who takes the money but never ships the item is a scammer in my eyes.

Might as well put a face to the name:

post-4103-0-21537400-1322498132_thumb.jpg

butcrackplumber

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

butcrackplumber

:lol:

buttcrackplumber is a retard.

i bought the intellivision piano boxed.

he slapped some shipping stickers on it and shipped it like that. it was ruined. i neg'd him.

this was like 2 years ago.

wow!! whenever I buy a boxed game and they ship it in a bubble envelope I tell them you might as well of just put a shipping label on the game box and ship it that way... But you got the real deal for that!! sorry to hear : (

I think we've all won those auctions that seemed too good to be true -- and they were. What are your stories of auctions that sellers did not honor, whether the ending price was too low or for some other reason. I'd had a few end this way, but the last one was particularly annoying.

Here's the link: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306293676971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330629367697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A classic case of seller's remorse. A BIN auction: 30 8-bit carts for $100 shipped. Some very rare ones in there, including two Romox titles and then some better ones like Gridrunner and Basic XL. The seller refunds my money and says that upon testing the carts, some were found not to be working. He says that in good conscience, he cannot complete the auction. I reply, telling him that I'll take them as-is. He still wouldn't do it. I don't know if someone made a side deal with him or if he plans to relist them (he said he would relist at some point with the working ones -- this hasn't happened). I neg'ed him and will report him to eBay Trust & Safety as a "non-selling seller," but there's not much else a buyer can do. His username is traderjoeonline. If any of you are looking for Romox carts, feel free to contact him -- I'd just love to know if he would sell them to you and what he would be asking.

It happened. A relist of one of the Romox games: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306539285581?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330653928558&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Unscrupulous seller.

UPDATE: Looks like he blocked me from asking a question about this item.

Edited by boxpressed

To turn the tables, buyers dont honor their purchase a lot of times either. Right now Im dealing with a guy who bought my jag system set, and paid, but then changed his mind and a day later opened a case against me "item not received" (cus i argued with him, he wanted a mint condition jag instead of the one pictured which wasnt perfect and he wasnt willing to pay 5 dollars more for mint system...). This is 1 day after he paid lol... What a broken ass ebay/paypal system that some low feedback buyer has the power to open a case and take the money out of my paypal only 1 day later (not near enough time to ship) so then they (paypal) can "review the case" for which who knows how long that will take.

Turns out, I checked the guys ebay feedback this morning, he bought another jag system set the day after he bought mine. this set went for 80, jag system controller hoookups. my set was 100 had all that plus 4 games... so anyway, very annoying example of buyers remorse. lot of low feedback doucheback buyers out there that screw over sellers daily, it goes both ways.

Edited by kevincal

It happened. A relist of one of the Romox games: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306539285581?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330653928558&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Unscrupulous seller.

WTF, that sucks man. Just tell me what you wanted to ask, I'll ask it for ya. :twisted:

I once won a 16mm projector, very nice condition, great price. Shipping was expensive, but reasonable for a heavy item. Money was sent, everything looked to be in order.

Then I got the email- "I'm sorry, I no longer have that item. You can use the funds for store credit, or I can issue a refund."

I recently won a lot of 32X games for a fraction of their true value, and the seller already had one apparent incident of "seller's remorse" on his record, so I feared I'd be making a contribution to this thread...but the guy came through. :)

I did have a seller recently issue me a refund after she "couldn't find" the item, but I actually think that one was sincere -- and in truth, it was a relief since I'd overpaid! :D

• Like 1

Unscrupulous seller.

WTF, that sucks man. Just tell me what you wanted to ask, I'll ask it for ya. :twisted:

Thanks, friend. I was going to ask him that if we was relisting because some of the carts weren't working, why was the BIN price for this one cartridge ($200) twice the BIN price of thirty cartridges in the original auction ($100). So, even if twenty-nine of the original carts were bad, shouldn't the most this cart go for is $100? Or did the seller have another reason for relisting?

butcrackplumber

More problems with this guy. He never shipped the games and never provided a tracking number, so PayPal ruled in my favor and my account shows an open refund. Now I got this email:

"An eCheck payment from jeffrey drost was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment."

This was an eBay purchase, so it is covered by the buyer protection. What do I care about an eCheck payment?

I messaged him, no reply yet. Be sure to report him to ebay because what he did was bullshit.

Thanks again. Yes, although eBay can't do much until multiple buyers report the same offense, it will help that the seller has now relisted at a much higher price.

The problem is that the seller reversed the transaction and then lied about the reasons for doing so. It would be one thing if he/she said, "I goofed and listed this at a lower price than I now know it to be worth." That would be bad enough, but then to lie about the reason for reversing (you should see the transcript of our messages) really reveals the low character of this seller. It just amazes me how some people will trash their honor just to make an extra hundred bucks or so. Sad.

butcrackplumber

More problems with this guy. He never shipped the games and never provided a tracking number, so PayPal ruled in my favor and my account shows an open refund. Now I got this email:

"An eCheck payment from jeffrey drost was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment."

This was an eBay purchase, so it is covered by the buyer protection. What do I care about an eCheck payment?

I would call PayPal on that one, you have their phone number?

If not, here you go: PAYPAL - 1-888-221-1161