IGNORED

Stories of auctions that seller did not honor

boxpressed

I think we've all won those auctions that seemed too good to be true -- and they were. What are your stories of auctions that sellers did not honor, whether the ending price was too low or for some other reason. I'd had a few end this way, but the last one was particularly annoying.

Here's the link: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306293676971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330629367697&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

A classic case of seller's remorse. A BIN auction: 30 8-bit carts for $100 shipped. Some very rare ones in there, including two Romox titles and then some better ones like Gridrunner and Basic XL. The seller refunds my money and says that upon testing the carts, some were found not to be working. He says that in good conscience, he cannot complete the auction. I reply, telling him that I'll take them as-is. He still wouldn't do it. I don't know if someone made a side deal with him or if he plans to relist them (he said he would relist at some point with the working ones -- this hasn't happened). I neg'ed him and will report him to eBay Trust & Safety as a "non-selling seller," but there's not much else a buyer can do. His username is traderjoeonline. If any of you are looking for Romox carts, feel free to contact him -- I'd just love to know if he would sell them to you and what he would be asking.

It happened. A relist of one of the Romox games: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306539285581?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330653928558&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Unscrupulous seller.

UPDATE: Looks like he blocked me from asking a question about this item.

Your seller listed another ROMOX cart from the lot of carts that "didn't work".

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3306600469581?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330660046958&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Once again, I was worried I was about to get bit by one of these, but the seller came through and my items were in great condition.

Actually, I have a question for y'all. Here's the sequence of events:

Day 1 - Win two auctions on Ebay. Send seller a PM asking if he combines shipping.

Day 2 - After not hearing back, pay the auction in full, and send second PM saying "You know what, I'll just pay this upfront and if you do combine shipping, you can refund me the difference. If not, no worries."

Days 3-9 - Nothing. No reply to PMs, and item isn't marked as shipped on Ebay.

Day 10 - Send seller a PM politely saying "Um, have you sent my item yet?" No reply.

Day 12 - Receive items, packed well and in great shape. Postmark indicates they were sent on Day 9, i.e. seven days after payment was sent. Item still isn't marked as shipped on Ebay.

So I left the following feedback today, marked positive:

"Waited 7 days to ship & no reply to msgs, but items packed v. well & GREAT cond."

"See prev feedbk. Seems like a good seller who's distracted but still honorable."

Does this seem fair, or am I being too picky? I feel like it's unprofessional to ignore three PMs, not notify the buyer or Ebay of shipping, and wait a full week after payment to ship. I could live with any one of those things, but all three is too much. But I also don't want to overlook the fact that both CIB games are in terrific condition (though they smell a bit musty) and the guy did a very good job of packing.

I think if a seller has the time to list items for sale on ebay, they should have the time to answer messages. It's very frustrating when sellers or buyers don't communicate so I understand where you're coming from. You seem to have been very fair and patient....probably more so than I would have been.

So, no, I don't think you're being too picky.

• Like 1