IGNORED

Best Offer - I never thought they would take half price!

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I was actually just messing around when I put two Best Offer's on two games that were around 20 bucks each. I put one offer at $12 and the other at $10 and they actually excepted them. My wife said no more games until after XMAS and I really didn't think they would take the offers. She is not going to be happy to see the money come out of the bank account because I didn't have anything in PayPal to pay for them. Now I'm second guessing if they were good deals.

Do you think I did fair? I think this is the most percentage I ever got off with Best Offer! They aren't screaming deals or anything but both for $22 plus ship:

THRESHOLD R6- eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509362320971?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250936232097&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

&

DEMOLITION HERBY (B&W) R6 - eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2509203459251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250920345925&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

nice! I send in wicked lowball offers all the time just in case. It's worked out a few times :)

Never hurts to try

Yeah, I do too but they rarely work out. It was odd that out of all the pretty cool games they have for sale, these were just about the only two that had BIN with Best Offer on it. The majority of their other games are just auctions started at what looks like top dollar if it gets one bid. I guess the seller just decided to have these two as Best Offer for whatever reason, worked well for me. :grin:

I don't like that they made the B&W Demolition Herby with no end label, it will look like I'm missing a label when I display it with my other games. But, that's the way they made it so it's really not "missing". I know I wouldn't have accepted these low-ball offers on these Rarity 6 carts that look to be in pretty good shape. I'll probably be doing more low-ball offers from now on because like you said nvrmndtheruins, never hurts to try.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bumping kind of a 'old post', but it seems to fit.....

I've just made my first Best Offer on EBay. First, here's the auction:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3505206062251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350520606225&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Now, I've been keeping my eye on this book for a while on both EBay and Amazon, hoping to snag it. So I know what it usually goes for (about $50-60 when the auction ends, and people list it for $70-80 as a BIN)

Out of the $50 the seller was looking to sell it for, I offered $30.

The reason I gave in my note when I submitted the Best Offer was:

This price is based on the existing damage and condition of the book and the fact that most completed EBay auctions for this book end at about $50.

Also, I didn't say this, but there's a currently a copy on sale on Amazon for $40 (includes shipping) which is in about the same shape.

I noticed someone else had submitted a Best Offer also, so we'll see.....hopefully I get lucky and can take this damn book off my want list! :)

UPDATE:

What do you know, my offer was accepeted. Cool!

I paid a additional $5 to have it sent by USPS Priorty so the grand total was $35.

I liked how the seller gave five different shipping options depending on how much I wanted to pay and get the item and how he was very quick to confirm payment.

Yes, it's not the best condition of the book, but considering how much it goes for, I'm happy. I can tape the damaged cover back into place.

So, moral of the story, making a Best Offer sometimes DOES work! :-D

That's great!

I liked how the seller gave five different shipping options depending on how much I wanted to pay and get the item and how he was very quick to confirm payment.

I always appreciate multiple shipping options, too.

UPDATE:

What do you know, my offer was accepeted. Cool!

I paid a additional $5 to have it sent by USPS Priorty so the grand total was $35.

Yes, it's not the best condition of the book, but considering how much it goes for, I'm happy. I can tape the damaged cover back into place.

So, moral of the story, making a Best Offer sometimes DOES work! :-D

Cool man, glad it worked out for you. You're right, sometimes Best Offer does work out. It doesn't hurt to try, all they can do is decline it, you have nothing to lose!

As an ebay seller, sometimes I take Best Offers, usually not half of what I'm asking but I am willing to consider reasonable offers.

• 1 month later...

I recently got another Buy It Now for half price, the original Buy It Now was $30, or Best Offer. I don't see many Cannon Man's for sale on ebay so was wondering if you guys thought I got a good deal? I'm not sure of the going rate. Here's the item:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808017445851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180801744585&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for any thoughts.

STMOA

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I recently got another Buy It Now for half price, the original Buy It Now was $30, or Best Offer. I don't see many Cannon Man's for sale on ebay so was wondering if you guys thought I got a good deal? I'm not sure of the going rate. Here's the item:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1808017445851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180801744585&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for any thoughts.

STMOA

Not quite sure how you keep getting these deals, but yeah I think that was another nice score! I watch ebay off & on through the day pretty much every day and never saw that. I've been looking for one for quite a while now and more than likely would have popped for the entire $30 BIN.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for any thoughts.

STMOA

Not quite sure how you keep getting these deals, but yeah I think that was another nice score! I watch ebay off & on through the day pretty much every day and never saw that. I've been looking for one for quite a while now and more than likely would have popped for the entire $30 BIN.

Here's another Cannon Man but it's quite a bit more. Keep an eye on it though, maybe they will lower their price or add a Best Offer.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3604395076171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360439507617&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• 2 weeks later...