IGNORED

Anyone interested in the Winter Knockout? Multi-HSC

zylon

List is formulated and numbered and will appear on 1st post without numbers and in a scrambled order. Game will be revealed tomorrow night to give those who must skip or object time to do so.

Still time for more players to join. Signups allowed until Game start on Sunday.

Edited by zylon

If QBert is scratched do to bad controls, I read Frogger is sloppy with Controllers... It might be better to choose something like, Galaxian or Space Invade again, over Froggy/Pitfall... hmmm,

What you guys think?

Here's two reviews that say the controls for Frog and Pit *sucks*

http://videogamecritic.net/

post-3059-0-10411800-1322875015_thumb.jpg

post-3059-0-63257900-1322875065_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

If QBert is scratched do to bad controls, I read Frogger is sloppy with Controllers... It might be better to choose something like, Galaxian or Space Invade again, over Froggy/Pitfall... hmmm,

What you guys think?

Frogger allows play with the keypad, which IMO, works really well! even better with Wico keypad ;) (which is how I play)

not sure about Q*Bert, but I think just keeping the button pressed at all times works, I'll pop it in and try (it's been a while since I played it…though I have a friend who plays it everytime he stops by and I believe he just keeps the button held down?)

Frogger was going to be my second choice game!

What you guys think?

Frogger allows play with the keypad, which IMO, works really well! even better with Wico keypad ;) (which is how I play)

not sure about Q*Bert, but I think just keeping the button pressed at all times works, I'll pop it in and try (it's been a while since I played it…though I have a friend who plays it everytime he stops by and I believe he just keeps the button held down?)

Frogger was going to be my second choice game!

Yes you hold the fire down, with Q*Bert.

I never played Frogger on 5200 but as long as it's playable... I'm for it.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

You gotta take part in this knockout zylon. :)

It won't be as much fun without you.

I'm sure whomever wins would like to say the beat all the regular 5200 HSC players.

Very well, I shall play, though my exit might be quick based on the first round's game...

What you guys think?

Personally, I threw away Frogger and Q-bert some time ago because they sucked that bad. There are those who really enjoyed them, I'm just not one of them. I liked Super Cobra, but few do. That's just how it goes.

I can't say I understand the rules to this - I don't mind playing Frogger or Q*bert because I'm quite good at both. Especially Q*bert. let me know what game you want me to do and the conditions & time frame.

You just have to pick a game you'd like to see played and it must be a multi-platform release, not a 5200 exclusive or Atari exclusive. Must have been on other systems. The games will be chosen by number on my "secret list" as the round of the week. Players may or may not "survive" to get to the round with their chosen game, but everyone can pick one title to add to the mix.

I would but I just don't think I am a good enough player. Looks like fun, but I don't want to take a spot from someone who is better than me.

There are as many spots as players who'd like to play. I can just add more games. :) I'm currently keeping 4 more games on list than players to keep the element of mystery throughout the contest.

Of note: I'll be going light on the extra challenges for our regular HSC play which will continue right alongside this contest. Don't want to overwork anyone. ;)

Edited by zylon

Personally, I threw away Frogger and Q-bert some time ago because they sucked that bad. There are those who really enjoyed them, I'm just not one of them. I liked Super Cobra, but few do. That's just how it goes.

I personally LOVE 5200 Frogger :)

though I don't care too much for Q*Bert… not a big fan of the game in general :(

I personally prefer Super Cobra on Colecovision over the 5200 version, but really haven't put alot of time into it… it could grow on me…

so indeed, that's how it goes.. we all have our unique and different taste in games! I seem to like and enjoy games that are generally disliked by most… I'm a big masochist! 

Mario and Super Cobra never quite seem to win polls so this might be the only way we get to them. Super Cobra makes use of the 2 fire buttons on 5200, but is hampered a bit by the analog stick. Kind of a trade-off. Otherwise, it's the same version as the 8bit computers.

So far, there's only 2 on the list I don't currently have so my "skip" will likely be saved for one of those.