IGNORED

Having your "Best Offer" immediately accepted

boxpressed

is a little unnerving. It's never happened to me before but did for this Emerson Arcadia 2001 auction: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2609081750341?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260908175034&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The BIN was $175, which I thought was quite fair if everything was as described. I tossed in a bid of $121 -- and it was mine. I expected to have the bid rejected immediately, wait a few hours to have the seller decline, or have another buyer take it for $175. Of course, I wondered how low I could have gone and still won it outright, but this is still a great deal.

I received it today, and it this is one of the nicest items in my collection. It really is brand new. I haven't even fired it up because I don't want to mess up the "new" packing. I'm going to have to get a loose cart to test it eventually. I'm really happy about this because the Arcadia 2001 is the last "major" 8-bit system I needed for my collection.

Everything I list in my store, well everything I have time to set it up with, I have auto accept/deny setup. I feel that it gets rid of low ballers and that people who are serious will keep trying to find my lowest number.

I know I've done that when buying, I keep making offers a little higher. Although often on expensive stuff I just give up assuming the seller doesn't want to work with me for something worth $100 that they have listed for $300 that I'm offering $100 on.

ian

I generally put in a auto deny low bids but I opt out of the auto accept... I like to read their messages sometimes it makes me decide if im on the fence... there was once I had a auto accept on a item and there person hit it and the message he sent was "how long do I have to pay for the item, because im still shopping around and have decided yet" I was like WTF?! If I read that message I would have rejected for sure... and of course he never paid for the item...

are the carts expensive for the arcadia 2001? theres a shop in my area that has a few titles in the box for around 5 bucks i believe. :ponder:

Hi, Vic. I'd love to know the name of the store if it's handy. I think the games are generally pretty inexpensive, but I liked that the ones in this lot are sealed.

I also do auto deny but not auto accept. eBay gives you three "offers" before you don't get to offer anymore, I believe, so you can't keep creeping up toward the threshold.

are the carts expensive for the arcadia 2001? theres a shop in my area that has a few titles in the box for around 5 bucks i believe. :ponder:

Hi, Vic. I'd love to know the name of the store if it's handy. I think the games are generally pretty inexpensive, but I liked that the ones in this lot are sealed.

I also do auto deny but not auto accept. eBay gives you three "offers" before you don't get to offer anymore, I believe, so you can't keep creeping up toward the threshold.

Yep, It's Game Craze. They're pretty big in my Upstate NY Area, ALOT of old school stuff. I didn't even see the sealed games in that lot, great grab!