IGNORED

GBA SP Shell Replacement Hinge Problem

thegamezmaster

Got a replacement shell and when I went to put the hinge holder pieces back in, the two on the sides of the case, I can't push them in place all the way. I've tried everything but there're almost all the way in but not all the way in place. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions on how to get all the way in place? I've tried everything I know but the plastic hinge cover( a small plastic piece that fits on top of the hinge part) seems a little too big and won't go any farther. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Got a replacement shell and when I went to put the hinge holder pieces back in, the two on the sides of the case, I can't push them in place all the way. I've tried everything but there're almost all the way in but not all the way in place. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any suggestions on how to get all the way in place? I've tried everything I know but the plastic hinge cover( a small plastic piece that fits on top of the hinge part) seems a little too big and won't go any farther. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

So do you think the plastic hinge piece is defective... as in made to big?

The hinge has to be spun a certain direction, and even then it's always terribly hard to push them in. Look at it from the inside and use a flat screwdriver to make sure the clips are going to clear.

I've done several case replacements, and my plastic ends were never too large to get in, but if they were I suppose they can be sanded down.

The spot you're at is where GBA repair always slows down.