IGNORED

Obelix

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107998475181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110799847518&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Does this end label look like the real deal to you? Something seems off about it, I don't know. What do you think?

Is $40 too high for a NTSC Obelix? I remember when it was a rarity 10 here on AtariAge but see it's been downgraded to a 7. While I agree it shouldn't be a 10, I think it's harder to find than other games in the R7 category like Atari Video Cube, Polaris, Wall Ball that show up on ebay all the time. Atari2600.com states they are paying $54 for Obelix and was curious what they sell them for but it doesn't look like they have any for sale. I think it should be more like a R8 but just my opinion.

I see one on ebay right now for $50 but it has no end label which is a big turn off for me and most other collectors I would guess.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1107998475181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110799847518&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Does this end label look like the real deal to you? Something seems off about it, I don't know. What do you think?

Is $40 too high for a NTSC Obelix? I remember when it was a rarity 10 here on AtariAge but see it's been downgraded to a 7. While I agree it shouldn't be a 10, I think it's harder to find than other games in the R7 category like Atari Video Cube, Polaris, Wall Ball that show up on ebay all the time. Atari2600.com states they are paying $54 for Obelix and was curious what they sell them for but it doesn't look like they have any for sale. I think it should be more like a R8 but just my opinion.

I see one on ebay right now for $50 but it has no end label which is a big turn off for me and most other collectors I would guess.

I paid mid-to-low $30s for my copy off eBay about 3 years ago. So I think $40 is reasonable and in the range of what I would expect to pay on feeBay. I am sure someone can chime in how they got theirs for .50 at a flea market or wouldn't pay more than $8, but you are right, it doesn't pop up a whole lot -- just a few a year. Just be careful about NTSC and PAL. This cart and Asterix are predominantly PAL, and some sellers don't know the difference or will sell it as NTSC knowing better.

Don't buy the one without an end label. Just a little patience and you will get what you want at a decent price.

Actually, I was the winner of the one for $40 and it just arrived in the mail today. I tested it and it's 100% NTSC so that's good. The label is in pretty nice shape so I'm happy with the purchase. I was just wondering if you guys thought it was too much or about right. I've been wanting Obelix for quite a while but they don't show up on ebay very often, like you said. And, I know that you have to be careful about who you are buying it from and if they clearly state that it's NTSC or PAL.

The gameplay isn't the greatest but it's a nice addition to the "rare" part of my 2600 collection.

post-4103-0-53181600-1326134660_thumb.jpg